Home

Co-Op Gametype Progress

razorace

(all maps are listed in terms of the order they are normally played ingame)

Playable:

All of Intro Sequence Missions

All of Tier 1

All of Hoth Mission

- t3_rift

Broken:

- t2_dpred (Rax's navigation gets stuck in the mission start cutscene. I'm guessing it's due to more lax waypoint code.)

Broken Features:

- saber droids - currently hack replaced with Reborn Master.

- remote droids (seekers) - hack replaced with howlers.

- Force Pull Level 1 doesn't cut it for the door switch on yavin2. (I'm guessing that the Pull's targeting can't get the func_static that's used to trigger that lever.

Legend:

Playable - These maps can be played start to finish without any hang ups. This doesn't mean that they are prefect however.

Broken - These maps can't be played because some critical element is preventing players from continueing thru the level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just tried out the Coop over Lan with a friend. It's awsome what you've done with it. This is what this game has been missing. There are obviously some issues. I had a few maps crash but this is to be expected i guess.

Will you have the rest of the workable maps in the next release or is this it?

Thanks for the great mod!

I'm glad you've enjoyed the mod so far. I know that it's still pretty buggy but hopefully I'll be able to fix things up more when I have more time.

Anyway, I wouldn't hold out much hope for compatibility with Dark Forces mod. I honestly don't think they're making much progress on it. As I recall, they annouced another demo like way back at Christmas without any results.

...I wouldn't hold out much hope for compatibility with Dark Forces mod. I honestly don't think they're making much progress on it. As I recall, they annouced another demo like way back at Christmas without any results.

I'll chime in here, razorace, since you let me know that this discussion is going on... :D

Speaking for the Dark Forces team, progress is being made for the three-level demo that is going to be released very soon. It's basically in pre-release testing mode and the team is working furiously to get it out. The reason for the delay recently is that we really want to deliver a solid product. All the maps, models, scripting are done, but we're going through a standard software QA phase before release to be able to achieve that goal.

Also, i was just getting ready to test it on a custom single player map, and got to thinking how great it would be if we could play the dark forces mod in CoOp mode.

Awesome idea.

The DF maps are standard JKA SP-compliant maps, so the co-op should be able to handle them. And, assuming the co-op can load up SP maps via the console, so you should be able to load up the DF maps after the release of the demo. As far as actually playing the whole game in co-op, I really can't answer that. But it's a great goal to think about pursuing.

:holosid:

Well, it's nice to hear that progress is being made. Unfortunately, most modders are just all talk.

I know what you mean. Still, being one of the actual mappers from the mod I can say that it isnt as easy as it looks. What hinders mods more than anything else is that you dont see the people you work with and communication is all done through mails and messages, not exatly a good convination.

Second reason would be that both me and FatSpider are fairly newcomers to mapping, and when that happens Murphy's law is an inminent costant.

Im positive my next map can be done is half the time I took to make Talay and tweak Secbase.

Originally posted by razorace

Well. I suggest you guys try using IM services. They definately improve the lines of communication.

We already do. Most of us are on ICQ, and some are on MSNM.

We also utilize #dfmod on irc.gamesurge.net for online team meetings, as well as our private team forums, so the communication is quite good.

Originally posted by razorace

Yep. The only difference is with some minor changes to the ICARUS scripting (which most maps don't use anyway).

Could you elaborate on this topic a bit, razorace (or you could just email/pm me as well if you don't want to post it here)?

DF does use scripting, so knowing what the differences are would be really helpful.

:jango:

Archived