Home

Beta Confirmation Mail!

Jan Gaarni

Here are some info on the matter to try/confirm for those that haven't recieved a confirmation mail yet.

Posted by GarVa on 07.29.2004:

Just a FYI, those of you that were having problem with getting the email and submitted multiple times may get some spam, they found the issues with a firewall of some sort and all those mails that never went out are just coming out of the floodgates. :D

Sorry for the inconvenience and please use this thread if you have any more e-mail specific problems, thanks!

Also: This is a direct result of those of you who posted and sent me pm's they were able to use your information to find the problem, so thank you.

However, many still haven't gotten a confirmation mail.

Note this post on page 2, by GarVa:

again, if you did not received one go to the other faq and use the link there to resend it. If you get it at one email and not another, then that isp/mail provider may have spam blockers that you are unaware of (which may be the case with the uk.co one)

You may want to create a hotmail account, then change your Station Profile, your SWG Fan Club Profile, and your Forum Profile (just in case :p;) ), then try to resubmit here.

These should be the same email adress regardless what email you use though.

PS: If you do this, remember to check the Junk Mail folder, as it most likely will end up in there, along with all other spam. :D

Go figure. :p

Also, check this reply in the same thread I linked earlier, made by a player:

Posted by ins4n3 on 08.02.2004:

Ok i think for whoever uses Hotmail, it might be sending it directly into your junk mail folder and deleteing it. I found that that is what had happened to mine, so here is what to do to fix this problem.

Log in to your hotmail, and at the right hand of your screen you should have an options button, click on it. In the options on the left hand side select the mail tab( should be there by default). Now in that list there should be a link for your junk mail protection, it's the one at the top of the list. Now choose the first option for the level of your junk mail filter, and select low from the list. After that's done go back to the oprtions list where you picked to edit the level of your junk mail filter, and select the second option about deleting junkmail. Choose the second option that is to place your junk mail in a folder instead of deleting it upon arrival.. That is where the problem was for probably most hotmail users, somehow, by default mine was deleting all junk mail before i ever got it. Well i hope this fixes problems for most people in here that are having problems with hotmail.

(Had to translate from french.. since for some reason when you live in Quebec, the isp's direct you to french versions of hotmail msn and whatever, i was just too lazy to get an english one heh. So if any identification of tabs are wrong please correct me, or send me a PM and i will edit this post.)

Hope this helps out a bit :)

Here is the latest (updated on 08.03.2004) Beta Registration FAQ:

Posted by GarVa:

These are a few of the common questions for JTL beta sign up problems please read these first if you are having any issues

1. It says I have to be 18 to sign up for JTL Beta, can I have my parent or legal guardian sign up for me.

No, unfortunately the NDA required is a legal contract and while a guardian can have an account for you they cannot sign a legal "non disclosure agreement" and have it be valid for you. (there is no way around this sorry) Also if your age is Wrong on the Fan Club you will have to contact live customer support for them to change it manually. This may take some time as we get closer to beta launching and the new tool is finished it will be easier to change. Customer Service will require a copy of a valid ID to change your age if it is listed under 18.

For those that are under 18 and went to fan fest only, see this post

2. I did not get a confirmation email when I registered.

You can send yourself a new one by using this link

If you did not get an email please check your SWG Fan Club Registration Information which is separate from your station information. You can update it by clicking here if you changed your email after you registered - or - you did not get an email the first couple days of the sign up process (the mail server was over burdened at the time) that does not mean that you will be excluded from beta.

2a. I updated my email address but still did not get a confirmation email.

The system will not send out a new e-mail, as another poster suggested, you can sign up for the SWG News Letter and if you get next months news letter you know that you are good to go.

If you are still worried You can send yourself a new one by using this link

The email that it has in the "from" box is DoNotReply@station.sony.com so make sure you have station.sony.com and soe.sony.com off your email filters.

We are aware of an issue where some people are still not getting the emails and are investigating it we will update this message when we have more info!

3. It took me for a page asking for a confirmation code.

Yes, if you do not have an active SWG Fanclub membership already on an account when you sign up for beta this is a normal process for the registration. If you already have a fan club membership you will not need to worry about this. If the link does not work copy and paste it and make sure there is no ! at the end of it

4. I signed up for the Fan Fest but did not attend (or attended) will I still get the guaranteed slot in beta?

Yes, However everyone needs to register for beta with the same station name that they used to register for the Fan Fest.

5. Are people disqualified if they registered for beta with multiple accounts they pay for? If so, why? If not, then will only one registration be counted out of those?

Each account is treated separately, so no you will not be disqualified.

6. I signed up on my work (or other) computer, and it says that I can update my computer info later, where can I do this?

You cannot update your system information at this time, I am trying to find out if/when this will become available (but its likely to be closer to when beta starts)

I hope this helps. :)

If you still have problems after these steps (or it actually helped), please feel free to comment on it in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by DarthLord

hey m8 i got the email got the comf code went and put it in and got a terms screen and a i agree or a I disagree screen i hit i agree and it just reloads the page it wont put me through ?? plz help thanks

DarkLord (Starsider Imp Colonel)

Update on your problem, mate.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Online Entertainment Customer Service

department.

To resolve your issue please open an Internet Explorer Window and click

the tools menu at the top of the page, in that menu choose the Internet

Options. In internet options on the first page click the delete cookies

button. Next, go to the privacy and security tabs and choose the Default

Settings. With default selected you should be able to subscribe. If you

still have issues try and move the sliders to the lowest setting. Then,

apply the changes and close the window. You should now be able to access

the subscription section properly."

Try that, and let me know if it works, mate. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived