Home

error Importing JA XSI Base models into MAX

Antizac

I get an error message from MAX saying something like: "version 3 not supported", when I attempt to import any JA XSI base model into MAX 4.2. (This is not a problem with JO base models)

I opened several different .XSI models in notepad and noticed that when Raven made Jedi Outcast, they used Softimage 1.5. But, later it seems they updated to 2.0 for Jedi Academy.

So, it's probably just a version conflict, with the import plugin that Raven made for JO.

So just get a newer Import plugin, right? It's not that simple. Everywhere I look I cant find one! Oh, sure there's an abundance of Export plugins (which I don't need).

Does anyone else have this problem with importing JA XSI models to MAX? If not, then what version of MAX do you use?

Or do you have a newer Plugin? If so, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, send it my way! Other people's models are at stake, here!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Awesome, it works...

...it looks like I have some renaming to do, and the bones show up as dummy meshes - but I atleast have their names, heiarchy, and placement info, so that is a very big help.

Thanks alot Psyk0, and Keshire. =)

Thanks, but I have my own....

What I really need is the bones for the Tauntaun...

It won't be too hard, since there's fewer bones, than the humanoid models. Plus I don't need the tail, or arms - but I might do them anyway, for future projects.

Archived