Home

Thinking about completing a speed run of GF

West3366

If you dont know what a speed run is, its basically recording yourself completing a game in a quick a time as possible. Other people try beat the times set already.

Its gonna be hard for this game but I would love to try it out. Any one have any experiences of SR with GF?

I dont think there are any shortcuts available to me or any glitches, it would just be constant running, efficient item pickups and the bare minimum of dialog. It would take a few hours which I couldn't do in one go unfortunatly. (Recording videos takes up huge amounts of space. I would need to play maybe a Year, save, compress the vids, delete uncompressed vids and continue)

So, any thoughts on this? Would you be interested in seeing a speed run of this game?

I timed myself once, but I listened to the dialogue. I only got through the first year before I got bored. It was like an hour and fifteen minutes. I think a speed run would be pretty pointless on a game like GF, but whatever blows your skirt up.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a fine thing to do for fun, and it sounds itneresting, I'll like to hear your time, but I don't see why you're going to capture it. No matter how fast you do it, it will still be a big waste of space, and too long to be interesting to watch for long. Why not just time it?

Originally posted by West3366

So, any thoughts on this? Would you be interested in seeing a speed run of this game?

To put it frankly, in the least offensive manner I can think of, you are a complete tool. RECORD a GRIM FANDANGO SPEED RUN? Why not load up Word and see how many pages you can fill by simply holding down the "E" key! Print them out for proof! You should try doing speed runs of films, too. You could set the fastest ever time for watching 'Citizen Kane' if you got a DVD player with a 16X fast-forward function!

Sorry, that was mean. Carry on!

• 3 years later...

i tried creating a speedrun on year 1 and year 2, 26 minutes in year 1 and 28 in year 2, its on my videos on youtube. Any suggestions how to make them faster, you can skip dialogue easily but you can't skip puzzles like using a betting stub before getting the picture of the cats. Would be appreciated, thanks

Archived