Home

Army Rankings

reltes

there should be a mod that uses a counter for how many times you log on to that mod's server. when you get to a certain level of visits you go up in rank. each game played on the server is a battle. large numbers of battles (games played on server) get the players rank up.

i'm not sure what each battle is worth yet. maybe..

ARMY OFFICERS

Surface Marshal- 500 battles

High General†- 400 battles

General- 300 battles

Lieutenant General- 275 battles

Major-General- 250 battles

Brigadier-General*- 225 battles

High Colonel†- Colonel 200 battles

Lieutenant Colonel- 175 battles

Major- 150 battles

Captain- 125 battles

First* Lieutenant- 100 battles

Second Lieutenant- 75 battles

NON-COMMISSIONED

Sergeant- 50 battles

Corporal- 25 battles

Private- 10 battles

ranks are from this site= http://www.theforce.net/swtc/order.html

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with their being a rank system but there are a number of problems with it.

> There are many different Ranks that can be used. Some people like the US Army one, some like the British army one, some the Navy, some the Royal Air Force and so on. Some people might be put off if they were promoted to a rank that they didn't like the sound of.

> Some people can get very jealous. They may feel discontent that someone is a high General and they are only a lowly Private.

> Some people like to achieve and rise higher and higher in the Chain of Command (like me :D ) but some people prefer to stay low.

> Some people may abuse the system to get a higher rank. Such as log on and off continuosly (sp?).

Here are my solutions:

Allow admins to use their own rank system so users can use the system they like. Instead of marking people on the number of visits, promote people for being helpful, indeed for visiting often, and for playing well in the game. Since there are multiple of requirements, people will be less likely to cheat the system.

Some people who will want to rise, will not possess the skills needed to. Instead of frustrating them by not promoting them, set up groups where they can be commanders. This will let them be proud even though they may not be very skilled.

I think the idea for ranks is excellent. I have a few extra ideas.

Maybe the ranks could benefit people, allowing officers to access an officers only place. Or maybe people could spend rank 'points' setting up their own clan or stuff.

I am all out of ideas now :rolleyes: I would like to help the team who implements this into the game if someone decides to implement it.

hey,

i don't know if you checked the link at the bottom of my post but it has every star wars rank for the navy, army and spaceforce from the star wars roleplaying book.

i don't know how this should work but i think it would be cool to try. a mod like this wouldn't change the game just add to it. like a side-mod or something.

i was also thinking something like this may be in the full game already. who knows?

Sorry, i never checked the link :( I thought that i had previously seen the page before but it must have been from somewhere else :D

This should definetly be made into a mod if it isnt in the game already.

Refining the previous theory: People should be ranked according to a 'Commander'. That Commander (as well as an Executive Officer) can promote the characters on ability. After a match, stats should be gathered and the Commander can promote people based on those stats.

OR ('Clan' is refering to a clan or the current team in play)

Stats should be gathered by the computer and then people should be processed and then given exp points. If points reach a point the person is promoted. There should be a limit in place where the clan cannot have too many officers and if a clan has too many enlisted and not enough officers to lead them, then some will be promoted to officers.

The second system seems to be very complicated but commanders can exploit the first system to promote all their soldiers. Maybe Commanders will be given a limit on promotions depending on how the team did in battle.

Was the above a good idea or just too plain confusing. I confused myself writing it :D

Edit: Oh BTW the problem with ranks is that they vary from country to country. For example i prefer:

Brigadier

Major General

Lieutenant General

Colonel General

Field Marshal

Supreme Commander

rather then:

Brigadier General

Major General

Lieutenant General

General

General of the Army.

I have a whole book about WW2 Insignia. It has ranks of the Air Force, Navy and Army (even Marines and Royal Marines) of Germany, USA, Great Britian, Italy, Japan, USSR, France, British Empire, Other Axis, Other Allied. Not much has changed since then so the ranks are still valid.

The admins should be able to set the ranks and the pictures of each ranks in an INI file or something.

i'm going by STAR WARS ranks that are on that site from the movies and books. i repeat these are not country specific they are STAR WARS ranks.

plus they are imperial ranks. for example, during the clone wars the jedi are only generals so you can't go any higher than that.

EDIT just got this off tfn..

Clonetrooper rankings:

Yellow - Commander

Red - Captain

Blue - Lieutenant

Green - Sergeant

Not sure if many of you are familar with BF stats or not. But one of the rankings sites I frequent when playing BF and BFV is

Gametrack

They use 3 headers with Rookie, Seasoned, and Veteran. Each separated by playtime and number of maps played.

I'll use my nick as an example:

Marvels stats

I had good flag capture while keeping a good K: D ratio 67303

A good capture rate by a below average K: D ratio 51972

Its a starting point for rankings. I hope the Leaderboards at the official site have something similar to this!

Archived