Home

Publish 10. . .

Darth MarcII

Supposedly the trials will increase in difficulty as you progress. I was in on the publish 10 testing on TC2 and you will only be able to do one trial every few weeks or so. So, no, it will not be overflowing with Jedi as the trials will take patience and perserverance. :D

Being the geniuses that they are over at SOE, they decided not to have some obscure, hard to find NPC give you the quests, they made a whole village JUST for that purpose. And they've outlined what kind of things you'll need to do in order to become force sensitive. Right there on their website. Isn't that great? Now every n00b in the galaxy is going to run to this village, and no exactly what to expect to do their quests so we can have even MORE Jedi roaming around Theed, with no bounty hunter missions against them, no player decay, a damage type that isn't resisted by anything, Godlike powers, and no penalty for dying. Not to mention the full attention of the Devs, and the privelage of being the only group of players that the Devs will actually consider listening to.

It isn't simple. In fact, it is more difficult than holo-grinding, at least for people who don't have badges. I was glowing as soon as Pub10 came out but I don't give a sh*t about Jedi so I told the old man to bug off when he talked to me.

I think the main problem with jedi is that they are too capable of running free. I believe the following should be put in place in order to balance out the excessive amount of Jedi:

1) Perma-death if they die. Whether you get killed by a quenker or a Bounty Hunter, if the Jedi dies, good-bye, good game, try again. Make a new character if you want to continue to play jedi.

2) Increase the payouts on the Jedi Missions that BH's can pull. Currently they are 15k or so on average. Some BHs (myself included) do not find spending sometimes hours hunting a jedi, plus the risk of getting slain, worth it. The payouts should be 50k+ if BHs want some incentive to hunt them.

3) The Emperor has a specific group of people who, in the storyline, hunt down any force sensitive people in the Galaxy and kill them before they can learn of their talents and put them to use. He did this to ensure that no one rivalled the power than Vader and himself had as far as the Force went. Thus, in-game, to make things more realistic AND fair, I think Jedi should be randomly attacked by NPC Bounty Hunters, hired by the Empire to hunt them down. This includes both Jedi factions, because even Dark Jedi were slain by the Emperor. These NPC BH's should be on the level that a Death Watch Ghost or Wraith should be. Not impossible, but difficult. That would be for mid-level Jedi. The higher level ones should definitely have to face more difficult Jedi, perhaps SBD caliber. And it shouldn't be easy to just run. -.-

Not that SOE would ever do any of the following. Well, maybe the second idea, but definitely not 1 or 3. They'd probably say "Well, that's just too unfair for the Jedi." Too bad. They are making the game unbelievably boring by allowing the abundance of Jedi to run free. If anyone has read any books about the Empire, you know that they wouldn't tolerate Jedi just roaming about, regardless of faction. I think that those of us who choose not to contribute to the plague of Jedi shouldn't suffer. Just because we do not want this game to turn into everyone grinding Jedi doesn't mean that we are exempt from getting any new and exciting things in our game-play. It makes me angry that SOE is only focusing on Jedi and ignoring the rest of the game.

Personally, I think they should leave Jedi alone for a while (well, after they do the above 3 things) and fix the dumb bug that makes the creatures teleport 75 m when they are almost dead.

Heh... What I read here it looks like SOE want to change their game completley. They want to do it but they don't say it. They want to make it Jedi based. And thats what they should have done from the beginning as it seems. Since thats what most ppl cry for. They make the game this way to have more players so they can earn more money. They just give a **** about Star Wars and its story and what the die hard fans think. They just want money. Sooner or later they better call this game Jedi Galaxies. THe problem is that this game wasn't intend to be Jedi based from the beginning, but in the end it is Jedi most players want to be because that what you see in the movies. I think thats the truth even if it is sad.

Personally, I dont see why anyone in a padawan state without a jedi knight with them would even keep up their title. It would/should cause any Imperial forces to start migrating to their position.

go get em BH. as a primary Healer/Crafter I dont see myself getting to the trails anytime soon, but when and if I do I'll attempt to play the Jedi as it should be played till I can overthrough the Emporer and take over the show. then I'll hire a bunch of BHs & TKA to rid the galaxy of these Jedi once and for all.

I haven't completed my template yet, so my character would probably die VERY quickly during the quests.

I'm really not worried about the servers being "flooded" with Jedi. Let's face it. Many gamers want a "quick payoff" and the amount of XP required to become a proficient Jedi is. . .astronomical. Many will not have the discipline to grind through. That's just my persepective on it. :D

Originally posted by DragoonLah

The quests, I've heard, are not difficult at all. And I was told that by a Master Swordsman/Doc.

MASTER Swordsman/MASTER Doc. I wouldn't think a new player(not that they would be FS at that point anyway)would have a good chance as some of the planets you have to visit from the outset are Dathomir and Yavin IV.

Archived