Home

Making GF sounds

VampireNaomi

Hello Naomi

Goldwave a good choice =)

You want to record what you hear, so you need to configure your soundcard ( which is hopefully capable of it )to record" what you hear"

You have to set your Soundcard under " Volume Control " in the sub settings "record"

and activate " What you hear "

Maybe the name differs at your soundcard driver, but it should be named to somethin similar.

After that you can start "Godlwave", press the " new " button for making a new wav file for records.

http://www.sal4.de/new/gwr1.jpg

Set the lenght to 10 or more minutes, somedialogs are long and you have to add the time you GrimE is taking to start.

I dotn know how good your pc is, but prepare yourself for some loading times after pressing "ok"

If you set more time then it will load more to a swap file ( you COULD change it to load it in RAM, but you´ll need lot of it! )

After that a wave cutting windows should show up, asweel the devie control ( if "Device controls" isnt up there, go under " Tools" and check "Device Controls"

http://www.sal4.de/new/gwr3.jpg

In Device Control pick up the "Record " slot and disable "CRTL Key safety"

After that , click ok and you can start record with pressing the big red button in Device Controls ;)

In while he is recording you can start Grim and go on with your dialog.

If youre done, then just quit GrimE open Goldawave.

Stop the record, and go to " File -> Save as..."

There you can give it a name and let im save in mp3

Should be named soemthing like "File type"

File attributes "

Layer 3,44100Hz, stereo, 160 kbps ( Dont have to be 160, 128 may be enough, but for my opnion its poor quality )

Sorry dont have any much time..hope it helps and works...tell me if there are some problems. Maybe I missed something..

cioa

Sal

You mean you want to record some of the dialogue from the game? If so, then the easiest way is:

-Get SCUMM Revisited and install it

-Get the voice annotations from here: http://dod.dotagame.com/hacking.php. (scroll to the bottom)

-Extract those annotations into the "Annot" folder in the SCUMM Revisited root folder.

-Start up SCUMM Revisited, click "File", then "Open". Go to your Grim Fandango disc (A or B), and go to the GRIMDATA folder. Inside that are VOX0001 VOX002 etc for the different years. Open the one for the year you want.

-Go to the "Annotations" tab above the picture of the gift with LABN written next to it.

-Highlight the only option there (Grim Fandang - Voices - CDx - VOX000x

-Go back to the Explorer tab

-Click the + by the LABN file

-Then after it's loaded, all the voices from that file are there, with something telling you what is said in that line of dialogue beside it.

-Highlight any of them, and click the Play button to hear them. Then to save them, click the "Decompress to wav" button, and save it to wherever you want.

Or if that's too confusing, you could get a program like FRAPS that records audio and video on your screen.

Hope that helped, and wasn't too confusing. Sorry if it was ;).

Edit Lol, i got beaten by one minute. Sal's way is good, if you don't mind getting the background music in (I think), but this way you have the raw voice files that the game uses.

Originally posted by Sally J Limones

Isn't there some sort of audio program you can use to patch the lines together...

~Sal

Sure there is, Goldwave ;)

And if you dont want bgm in your dialogs, easy turn off the bgm =)

Maybe I can do something for you Naomi

Same here James, dont like that too. Dont even like to install game demos.

You sure have your own tools collection your installing after setup a fresh windows.Goldwave is one of my faves, cant do without it.

Yeah but this is off topic..If I got some time , maybe i will be back next time with the part audio captured...or maybe James ;))

hehehee....

Archived