Home

Vostok's RTS Design Version 3

Admiral Vostok

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying they are forgeries of lies specifically created by you. I'm saying that the official site of Star Wars is probably a more accurate source, and certainly far more "official".

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

You're being corrected by a vietnamese french canadian guy to whom english is the third language.

That is classic. Quote of the day, I reckon.

If Your a guy then why do you have a female avatar?

And try the fact that My Wireless Keyboard's batteries are running low and I don't claim to be a proffesional typist or particularly bothered about putting a full stop every third word I don't think anything is perfect so why obsess over every single detail there is no need to be constantly crossing the I's and dotting the T's.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/dwarfspiderdroid/?id=eu

would you say that is particularly acurate?

It clealry says that a battle droid is taller than a Dwarf battle droid but when you look at the Battle droid beside it you can clearly see that is not true.

I can argue till the cows come home I consider it my job.

Because I like that picture.

I'm not talking about simple and mundane things such as forgetting a dot on an "i" or forgetting an apostrophe. When you can't make clear sentences, now there's a problem. When you can't make good paragraphs and seperate your ideas clearly, now there's a problem.

Don't blame that on your keyboard.

It can be a simple error. The databanks are not perfect but it does not mean it isn't a reliable source of information.

EDIT: Nevermind that, looks at this

picture

From this angle it seems the dwarf spider droid is shorter then the battle droids behind it.

Battle Droids are taller than Dwarf Spider Droids. I don't know how you're making your comparisons such that "when you look at the Battle droid beside it you can clearly see that is not true", because in the version of Attack of the Clones I've seen the Dwarf Spider Droids are certainly shorter.

Is that the best you can do to prove the invalidity of the databank?

Viceroy - why do you continue to ignore reasonable arguments?

Apart from ignoring Vostok's points, i would like you to prove exactly how you came to the conclusion that the Geonosina Starfighter is better than the Droid Starfighter?There is absolutely nothing in the films to support this, but the films do show that the Droid Starfighter is more multi-role, as shown below-

Droid Starfighter

- Atmospheric flight = Yes

- Space flight = Yes

- Multiple movement modes = Yes

Geonosian Starfighter

- Atmospheric flight = Yes

- Space flight = Unknown

- Multiple movement modes = Unknown

In addition to this, there is nothing in the films stating what sort of power source or weapons either of these two craft have, and it could be argued the Droid Starfighter's are far superior to the Geonosian Starfighter. The problem here, of course, is that we have no direct comparison.

I don't know about which fighter is better....... but I can say that the Geonisian fighter had poor accuracy especially since the gunship is so big and yet still managed to miss. Only got it because it had to stop and let Anakin and Obi out.

The datafiles viceroy has are/were available in Australia the info is ok since it has a nice balance of EU and movies in all of its data.

I've updated my design a bit by tweaking the Minor Civs. As I've said before, Minor Civs are one of the more important aspects in the game, so I developed them a little more by giving them Team Bonuses. These are pretty much like the Team Bonuses in SWGB1, although only Minor Civs grant team bonuses while the Major Civs do not. As such, through different combinations of Minor Civs as allies, a Major Civ can play quite differently, and variation is always nice.

I also included the Kaminoan Minor Civ, and renamed the modes of Minor Civ play to more descriptive, straight-forward names.

Overview of Minor Factions

Minor Factions and Civilisations

Vostok - i havent yet looked at your new Minor Civs thingy, but in my template having Minor Civs gives bonuses, such as the Wookiees reduce structure build time, Kaminoans reduce infantry build time and give you an army, Alderaanians mean other minor civs are less hostile towards you etc.

It depends what game mode you're playing. If you're playing the "Individual" mode, where players can actually play as the Minor Civs, then the team bonuses work as they do in SWGB1: anyone who is an ally gets the bonuses. If you're playing the "Alliances" mode, Minor Civs are played by the computer and you have to send your Political Hero into their base to forge an alliance with them. Once they are allied with you, you get their bonuses.

Archived