Home

9/11 threads

Darth Groovy

I am actually surprised I have not seen one yet, which is good, because I want to discuss some things prior to the Sept 11 2001, anniversary.

It is OK to post threads about the attacks, share your memories, and post links to memorial related issues.

What I DON'T want to see this year, is flame wars errupting in these memorial threads.

Keep in mind that even if you were not effected by the attacks, alot of people have had some very deep and personal tradgedy to endure, this topic should remain sensitive.

In other words, if you are sick of the controversy around 9/11 and the whole subject leaves you full of piss blood and vinegar, just avoid these threads.

I also don't want to see any more heated debates about why the USA is garbage, and Bush is a moron....etc...etc.

There are PLENTY of these threads posted in the Senate Forums . If any threads turns into a heated debate, they WILL be relocated to the Senate. Where arguments and debates are seperated and examined for merrit.

I have seen two years since 9/11 and nothing but terrible fights errupt from such threads.

Again, I welcome these topics, I just want us all to be a little nicer to each other this year, and appreciate one anothers feelings.

That's all folks. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Groovy

This is the thead I started on 9/11/01 as it was happening.

It got pretty jingoistic really fast, but at the time that was kinda understandable. It's amazing how shocked, confused and disbeliving we all were.

I try to update the thead every year on Sept. 11. I think I missed last year though. I'll do it this year for sure...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17187

Yeah,.. that's true.

But it is honest to what we were all feeling immediately afterwards. A LOT of anger, and confusion... and frankly, I think there is still a lot of it going around still, although it has been diffused and redirected by time and events.

That thread has the advantage of recording my reactions as the events that changed our country forever were unfolding before our eyes.

Many of my attitudes are different now that I have had an oppertunity to reflect and due to things that have come out in the time since... but I value that thread as an insite into what we were feeling as a nation and an online community as history was taking place before our eyes. That's the beauty of the internet age,.. instant record keeping of not only epic moments, but also of the emotions that surround them.

Archived