Home

Galactic conquest

Decepticon

No I am not "unrateful" because I am not could care less in the first place for that game, it is a disgrace to the Star Wars label and should be removed by Lucas Arts.

in the mean time i will be downloading the starwars mod galactic conquest for bf1942, which is pretty much the same thing swb tried to pull off except gc is ten times better with 50 vehicles and space maps(deathstar!!!) and the advantage of being on the battlefield1942 engine.

Maybe I am not as intellegent as you but, apparently you are not saying which game is better but posting your elaborate in depth oppinions... But GC is 10x better for the reason it has the death star map, and it has the battlefield 1942 engine... which really are both oppinionated bs.

Yeah its apparent that the community is all going to go play GC *roll eyes* You are a nub. How exactly is GC 10x better when apparently you still have to d/l it? LOL nub.

lol ok ok point taken. i shouldnt have said it was 10 times better. i just prefer flying around in gc to swb. but, this game is growing on me, and i really enjoy the infantry battles probably a little more than gc....plus i misspelled ungrateful... and yes i think you are pretty ungrateful im sorry lol. you could at least give credit to them for making such a game for us starwars fans. i respect you and your opinion as much as anyone elses. but please be a little more specific when making statements like the trouble shooting one. a bit more research might help.

meltdown, mate, i dont tell u to run away, dont tell me. im an adult and a starwars fan thanks. i want this game to succeed as much as the next guy, dont you see? i am not flaming the forums or bagging this game. i am trying to help make this game better.

i only hope a patches for this game are not as unreliable as patches for other previous lucasarts titles.

wickedbadman, the first release of gc had one map and many bugs. it was released due to the impatience of fans pestering the devs and a new policy was taken on board to not release anything else until it was finished. which has been the case pretty much since 0.2. and 0.3 was pretty good, but 0.4 is the bomb and is really fun now with the 4.2 patch. and yes i would be playing the gc mod right now if there was an aussie server up and running but there is usually only one server that comes up around dinner time, and its lunchtime here.

Originally posted by Decepticon

meltdown, mate, i dont tell u to run away, dont tell me. im an adult and a starwars fan thanks. i want this game to succeed as much as the next guy, dont you see? i am not flaming the forums or bagging this game. i am trying to help make this game better.

Decep, how exactly are you planning to ''help'' this game by flaming it continuesly? i mean what have you said about SWBF the whole time you're here? i think its all downright negative posts, if you really want to help this game, post in the pc patch thread and do something about it... Hoping for patches doesnt change opinions over games, and wont help this game make any further progress..

From what ive seen during your last 10/15 posts, yes you are flaming it, alot! im getting downright sick of this endless competition between GC and SWBF, if you hate it so much, then go on, take SWBF back and dont return here again! and play the holy GCMOD.

then we both sleep peacefull in our beds...

We absolutely dont need someone educated to see if your attitude/flaming posts are not right towards this game, ask around and im sure people agree with me.

besides that, have you actually read the other parts of my posts, your negative attitude towards this game seriously wont help it, accept that... and hoping wont help it much either.

i reckon if i liked gc that much, i wouldn't have bought this game. gc kinda sux0rz. the space ships awlays want to fall on you, and whiel it's got soem great ideas, it's .4 on an engine which is soemthign like 2 or 3 years old. gc won't be finished before bf2 is out. and while i play bf42 for dc exclusively(the reason i bought bf42), battlefront gives an alternative in the mean time. sure it's not the game i expected, it is not at version .pwn yet, but i'm hoping it'll make it's merry little way there.

oen otehr thing i hate about gc is the damned blaster rifle accuracy. it's ****in retarded.

not once in all these forums, have i actually compared gc to swb. i might have said once that the 2 should be compared, but i didnt go into it. someone should really sit down and compare all the pros and cons between the 2 games. but that would only result in a flamewar which i do not want. ive said it before. i am not saying it again. any moderators please feel free to tell me if i step out of line. otherwise i feel i have been in the right. if anything all i am is an angry starwars fan. whats wrong with that? in the mean time though we can all talk to each other civilly right????

Yeah sure... Do you never even talk to the devs?! I mean their reply to the messed up Gas Grenade, which you can't even see, and which lags the server to hell because of noob spamming it everywhere was "We didn't have smacktards like that on the test server, run a real server".

1. You can see the gas grenade.

2. They fixed it in, what was it, days?

3. How many posts have you seen by LA or the makers of SWBF in here? I rest my case.

When it was THEIR feature that they put in. The game is glitchy and unbalanced (2 shots from a rebel tank to take out a Imp tank, but more than 5 shots from an Imp tank to take out the reb tank, not to mention the reb tanks has an artillery piece mounted on it, and screwed up hit boxes all over the place),

OK, first of all, there are differences in the game (unlike, by the way, in SWBF where all fighters appear to handle the same). The imperial tank is light and fast. The rebel tank is slow and powerful. It's like the TIE Fighter and Y-Wing: Do you want the Y-Wings to die from 2 hits because the TIEs do?

As for messed up hit boxes: Name one.

Oh, and my definition of "unbalanced", in my opinion, is an invincible 'bot running around killing everyone (nudge, nudge;))

combined with the mass rapping of ideas from SW:BF.

Oh, good, great....

Did it ever occur to you that it might be the other way around?! Especially seeing that GC is years older than SWBF?! :p

OK, name one thing they "rapped". As for those flags, nope. They were planned long before SWBF was made.

Oh, and it's a really arrogant statement to make, seeing the development team for SWBF "rapped off" the freaking name of the modification for their game..:D

And of course I love their defacto reply when you bring any problem in the mod to them "Works fine for us" or "it's as we intended". They know very little about working towards improving the community.

They also give reasons why. And what do you expect them to answer? If it works fine for them, should they lie about it? If it's what they intended it to be, should they lie and say it's a bug?

Take the new landspeeder code: "It's harder to fly now, but more realistic. You'll get used to it."

As for flaming the game: No, he's saying he doesn't really like it. Don't be such a fan boy, as it really hurts the community (much more than you realize).

not once in all these forums, have i actually compared gc to swb.

Might want to read over your posts lol...

which is pretty much the same thing swb tried to pull off except gc is ten times better with 50 vehicles and space maps(deathstar!!!) and the advantage of being on the battlefield1942 engine. oh did i mention it was free too?

In that block you shot off four comparisons to Battlefront.

1. 50 vehicals compared to the amount of Battlefront

2. Space maps.

3. BF engine instead of battlefront.

4. Free

Sorry for picking on ya, but for the responsable mature adult you claim to be I see some strange posts from you.

Hiya, everyone. Sorry for the flames from overzealous GC fans - they're not really representative of the GC community.

IMO, the main advantage GC has over SW:BF is movie accuracy, which help the immersion a lot, at least for me. There has, for example, been many long discussions about the exact size proportions between the ATATs and the snowspeeders in the Hoth map. Believe me, you'd be hard pressed to find more dedicated SW fans than some of the GC devs. Secondly, the class system in GC enforces and stimulates teamplay in many ways, which admittedly often breaks the game when smacktards are on your team but also often leads to amazingly exciting teamplay.

I much prefer the detailed, more realistic flight physics of GC to the IMO simplified and immersion-breaking console physics of SW:BF. I also prefer large maps where strategy is needed over small maps with constant action but little coordination.

Admittedly GC has a steep learning curve and requires more from the players than most FPS's, but that's what keeps it interesting for us dedicated players. I can totally see why people love SW:BF, but I hope you won't hate me for saying I personally prefer GC. To each his own.

In the end, we're all just gamers and SW fans seeking the ultimate Star Wars battlefield experience. We have different ideas about how this should be achieved, thus some prefer GC, some SW:BF. We shouldn't resort to flaming, however.

Originally posted by WickedBadMan

Might want to read over your posts lol...

1. 50 vehicals compared to the amount of Battlefront

2. Space maps.

3. BF engine instead of battlefront.

4. Free

Sorry for picking on ya, but for the responsable mature adult you claim to be I see some strange posts from you.

in no way was i comparing swb to gc. i merely pointed out there was 50 vehicles and space maps. so what? you are the one who added "compared to the ammount of battlefront" on point 1, not me. you also added on point 3 "instead of battlefront" where i was just saying it uses the bfengine. also the game is free? how is that comparing anyhting to swb? nowhere di i ever, in the english language, comapre the gc mod to swb. all i did was point out fact and expressed my opnion?

even if i did say "hey dont go buying swb, go download gc, its free" which i didnt, that would be just my opinion. but its not the case, as i bought swb on both pc and xbox. i am just taking back swb and getting dawn of war instead. which i am suprised you arent more offended by?

Decepticon,

Your even starting to P**s people off over at the GC boards. I think it`s you drink a cup of STFU and keep your boring,repeated negativity to yourself.

Do yourself a favour and stop whining about SWBF, it`s a very good game with a few minor bugs, end of story.

BTW! i bet you can`t resist reading this post, even though you have me on your ignore list ;)

Archived