Home

Post Suggestions Here

Here are some suggestions.

1. Bigger maps to allow for vehicle combat particularly air to air

2. A lil bit more power needs to be added to the blaster and the shoulder cannon

3. Filters for the servers

4. More/Better dedicated servers, c'mon lucas fork over the doh for some servers

5. Less lag

6. Better server browser

7. The option to crouch. Maybe i just missed this one.

8. Booby traps- ewoks luv to lay booby traps

9. Longer game time- Make the rounds last a lil longer

10. Making sure you stay connected to the server after the round is over

11. Bonuses? Maybe special cammo, speed increase, or perhaps you could pick up a better blaster rifle at certain locations

12. Attack/ Defend missions - Rebels in xwings have to destroy defended death star

13. Tone down the game play some how so its not just balls to the wall blastin

14. Mods, Mods, Mods- Lets get crackin on those!!

Thanks

:chop1:

Here are some suggestions.

1. Bigger maps to allow for vehicle combat particularly air to air

I doubt they will remake every map that includes air vehicles. A lot of work!

3. Filters for the servers

Been suggested.

4. More/Better dedicated servers, c'mon lucas fork over the doh for some servers

Been Suggested

5. Less lag

Again....

6. Better server browser

Again....

7. The option to crouch. Maybe i just missed this one.

Already in the game

12. Attack/ Defend missions - Rebels in xwings have to destroy defended death star

They say maybe an expansion pack? (They = Users here)

13. Tone down the game play some how so its not just balls to the wall blastin

Isn't that what this game is for? Intense multi/single player battles from the movies?

14. Mods, Mods, Mods- Lets get crackin on those!!

Yup, you guessed it, been suggested.

What about playable female characters?

What about playable bounty hunters?

And of course jedi's?

What about more dept to the single player mode?

And wouldnt it be nice to take a spawn point with out leaving your vehicle?

And yes i know that some of this is my stupidity and that these have probably already been suggested some where on some forum.

If battlefield can do air to air maps so could star wars.

And yes i now know that this is a balls to the wall type of game (wich i love on some maps) but i dont think pure blasting will keep me or many others interested very long.

Dont get me wrong... This game still kicks ASS! but for $50 this simple stuff should have been taken care of before release.

Man, sounds like you don't like this game at all and want to change everything.

Sounds like you should just play another game..

What females were there on the BATTLE FIELD during the Star Wars Battles?

This game is for BATTLES of the movies, there aren't any massive bounty hunter battles.

And of course jedi's?

I don't think you get what this game is about, it is so you can play battles from the movies. Please go play Jedi Academy.

I think it's just fine, this is mostly a multi player game.

Why? Then people would camp all day at the command post.

but i dont think pure blasting will keep me or many others interested very long.

Then get a new game.

try to stay a bit serious. A patch is mostly for fixing issues, not for doubling the amount of maps etc.

Originally posted by cladano

Female scout in rebels team. markswoman

And of course jedi's?

Never gonna happen. Battlefront: play as the grunt, the soldier.

i think it has a lot of depth for a game like this, compared to battlefield

No. This is a balance issue where you don't overempower a vehicle, i love it.

And yes i know that some of this is my stupidity and that these have probably already been suggested some where on some forum.

If battlefield can do air to air maps so could star wars.

battlefield has infantry on every space of the maps. There is no "air vs air only". In star wars you have a lot of infantry in the movies, and lesser vehicles.

(I posted this in another forum, but think it should fit here instead. Some suggestions already commented on.)

I have been playing Battlefront for a few days now and would like to offer some suggestions for improvement. I realize that there is a good chance these will never get read by anyone relevant... but maybe they will.

1. The game's pace is too fast.

I realize that the trend in first person shooters is to make them frantic and have things whizzing past at all times, but it does not work well for Battlefront. The excessively fast pace of the game is basically turning it into "Zerg Wars." Twitch reflexes and who can strafe the fastest with the least lag are much more important at this speed of gameplay than strategy, formations and coordination. Keeping the otherwise exactly the same and simply lowering the players run speeds would dramatically improve gameplay and cause a lot more cooperation because you'd actually have time to see what your allies are planning to do and how they plan on doing it. Battlefront currently has a lot of the feeling that Super Mario Bros has... sprinting, jumping and throwing out fireballs (or lasers) as fast as you can. I agree that cooperation and teamwork can take place in this game to some extent, but not nearly as much as would be possible if the pace were simply slowed a bit.

2. The menus are not well developed.

My friends and I have found the menus rather lackluster and difficult to use. On my computer trying to select a game to join in multiplayer is challenging (to say the least) because a server only highlights at seemingly random intervals when I place my cursor over it. It will flash as "selectable" for a split second and I have to click it while it's highlighted. Scrolling my mouse up and down the list of servers highlights servers in an unusual and unreliable way.

3. I can only look at the cheesey loading scene so many times.

The blue menus, the spinning loading symbol and watching the triple zoom onto a planet are all very painful to watch anymore. How about some Star Wars lore or something to break up the monotony of the all-to-frequent load screens? I'm also hopeful that you can reduce the load screen time in the future if possible.

4. Horrendous manual.

The game manual does not bother to mention numerous critical features of the gameplay such as how to activate our jetpacks (double jump), how to tumble to the left or right (press a strafe key and then jump), etc. The manual is more than just skimpy... you cheated us for $50.

5. The campaign mode is pretty laughable.

A tad more creativity would have went a long way. Also, when I go to select a special ability for a particular mission I generally have no clue what is going on because sometimes my options randomly cyle like some bad game show waiting for one to be arbitrarily picked or it tells me to pick one then tells me I have none available to pick.

6. Server lists.

What is up with the scroll bars that I can't click and drag down? Why can't I perform a search for particular servers and why isn't there an indication when it has finished refreshing the server list?

7. Weapons don't need to be single shot death or machine guns all the time.

I'm curious as to why stormtroopers have been issued new uzi versions of their weapons? Trading single blasts or short bursts down hallways like happens in the Star Wars movies would be great compared to the "spray and pray" antics currently in the game. Maybe consider boosting damage on some weapons and significantly reducing their rate of fire. The standard stormtrooper weapons seems to be firing as fast as the portable tripod (bipod?) weapon that the stormtroopers set up in the movies to lay down massive firepower. How about giving us a few fixed weapons batteris like those instead of uzis on stormtroopers?

8. Sound problems.

All too often my ears are bombarded by some strange and loud scratching noise for no reason I can discern. I'm curious if other people are having this issue as well. Typically it is during music and stuff.

9. Fix the problem with entering vehicles.

I'm not alone in having problems entering a vehicle reliably. It is very frustrating to be killed because instead of entering a vehicle like we're supposed to we are warped to the back of the vehicle and left standing there for no reason.

10. Make sure we don't die when we exit a turret.

I've pressed "E" to get out turrets on the Bespin map only to find myself ejected off the side of the building and down to my death far below. It's very unsatisfying to take out an enemy fighter only to fall to our death when we get out of the turret.

Well, that's enough for now. Hopefully others will add their own suggestions and others will chime in to mention whatever solutions or information they have to any of the problems and/or suggestions I've listed.

I should add that I find it frustrating that I cannot press "tab" to view the scoreboard and who is playing when I'm dead and waiting to respawn. That seems like the golden opportunity to check the status of things instead of being forced to just watch the countdown to respawn. Why can I bring it up during gameplay but not during this idle period?

1. I totally disagree. It's totally on pace with Battlefield games and is determined by the number of type of players ina server. More people = more action. I love the pace. This won't change so...

"Twitch reflexes and who can strafe the fastest with the least lag are much more important at this speed of gameplay than strategy, formations and coordination." They are both equally important. If I were you I'd improve. It's an FPS, the ultimate online competition of skill. I've heard this complaint in every game from RTSs to FPSs etc. It's your preference not to have "twitch" reflexes. I have a different preference and so do many other people. Just gotta adapt.

2. Yes, definitely. This is something that has been slightly overlooked as a drawback to the game. Horrible interface, made for consoles where you have all the buttons at your fingertips and d-pad to change selection.

3. Another thing suggested many times. We'd all like to see the name of the planet/map etc. on the screen, atleast. Game has to load 3 times throughout the course of a game.

7. You're just gonna have to improve your accuracy. Guns don't fire fast or do ENOUGH damage. You're gonna have to get used to it, this is your preference not a problem with the game.

8. Nope. perhaps you have onboard sound and your Southbridge is overheating (the chip that processes sound?) or you have some unused lines not muted (line-in, mic, etc.), OR you need to decrease hardware sound acceleration. Check DirectX options. Sounds like a hardware issue on your side though.

9. Not had this problem. 10. haha me too. funny ****. Posted that bug a few times.

1. The game's pace is too fast.

I realize that the trend in first person shooters is to make them frantic and have things whizzing past at all times, but it does not work well for Battlefront. The excessively fast pace of the game is basically turning it into "Zerg Wars." Twitch reflexes and who can strafe the fastest with the least lag are much more important at this speed of gameplay than strategy, formations and coordination. Keeping the otherwise exactly the same and simply lowering the players run speeds would dramatically improve gameplay and cause a lot more cooperation because you'd actually have time to see what your allies are planning to do and how they plan on doing it. Battlefront currently has a lot of the feeling that Super Mario Bros has... sprinting, jumping and throwing out fireballs (or lasers) as fast as you can. I agree that cooperation and teamwork can take place in this game to some extent, but not nearly as much as would be possible if the pace were simply slowed a bit.

I partially agree with this. While I don't have a problem with "twitch reflexes" (another word for insane aim ;) ) I do have a problem with 'Strafe Wars' which are decided more on lag rather then skill and tactics.

The speed at which the characters strafe and backpeddle is faster then other recent games such as the new UT and BF games. I think since this game was also devolped as a console game, they were given faster speeds to accomodate that audience. But, IMHO, on the PC version it would be appropriate if strafing and back peddling speeds were reduced somewhat (though keep foward speeds the same).

This would also help the weak nature of blaster guns. Since the travel speeds on those weapons are some what slow, anyone starfing like madman is extremely hard to hit.

This added with improved blaster damage, would go a long way in improving long term gameplay IMO...and at the same time give the game more of a Star Wars feel. :fett::D

For the pc. Im using a 6800gt btw and the models look terrible.

here are my suggestions

1. fix the awful player models

2 fix the ground textures especially Mos Eisly

2. fix the sound problems

3. fix the map sizes

4. fix the hitboxes

5. fix the lame AI

6.fix the grenade distance roll

7.fix the vehicle controls

8. fix the netcode/ browser

9. Fix the decals. Why wasnt there any decals?!!!!!

Correct me if im wrong but since when were the laser bolts pink?

In the movies they werent pink were they?

battlefield has infantry on every space of the maps. There is no "air vs air only".

Actually the Coral Sea map for Battlefield was an Air vs Air only map and it was an official map made by EA which could be downloaded from their page.

I do agree that the maps need to be larger to accomindate the flying vehicles. But that will be a simple fix since I am sure there are player built maps being made right now as we speak.

Improve the reticle for sniper rifles that are fully zoomed in. It should be 4 thin (and transparent) lines that terminate to a small point rather than a huge circle that sorta shows you where your shot might go. At range I can fill the reticle with an entire player model's body.

you guys have really dropped the ball with this games multiplayer!the fact that you can only do one person on a tv in system link is idiotic, how did lucas arts let that one slip i dont know, but with the competion out there,(halo 2) im very un happy with this multi player all around, please do something to fix all the problems your reading on this site or the word of mouth is going to kill any more sales before the future game of the year , halo2 goes on the shevles , thank you and please hurry

Archived