Home

Weekend Programmer is back again

Achilles

Looks like Akari was in for some OT yesterday and decided to fire up a Weekend Programmer thread. Not a lot of in the way of new info (IMHO), however he did bring up something interesting that I had not heard before.

Apparently, on one of the planets that we visit there will be small maintenance droids that go around repairing other droids that we destroy. And...if you try to destroy them, they blow up and cause damage similar to a mine. Pretty neat if you ask me...

The orb thing is a maintanence droid, found in Peragus. It zooms around repairing or healing your enemies as you fight, so it's a bit of a pest. When you kill it, it explodes, damaging everyone around it though, so sometimes it can be used as a creative bomb against the other droids. smile.gif The beam you see there is it doing its maintenance thing on the droid.
From post #46 in this thread.

^^^^

That's very interesting, and more than likely it will be entertainingly irritating, and beneficial at the same time, especially if they can repair our Droid NPC(s) as well...

Hmm... this could possibly make T3 armed with some good equipment a useful lead character in some cases. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

^^^^

That's very interesting, and more than likely it will be entertainingly irritating, and beneficial at the same time, especially if they can repair our Droid NPC(s) as well...

Hmm... this could possibly make T3 armed with some good equipment a useful lead character in some cases. :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

PC at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [6 spikes]

or T3 at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [0 spikes]

Originally posted by Achilles

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

PC at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [6 spikes]

or T3 at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [0 spikes]

why disable why not re-program so that instead of aiding the enemy it aids u

i mean u were able to re-program sentry droids to kill the enemy in kotor

:c3po: but im built for etiquette not distruction

Originally posted by Aleggy

why disable why not re-program so that instead of aiding the enemy it aids u

i mean u were able to re-program sentry droids to kill the enemy in kotor

:c3po: but im built for etiquette not distruction

Sure, why not...

I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say though :)

Originally posted by Achilles

Sure, why not...

I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say though :)

if ur point was that T3 will finally be usefull then i got ur point if it wasn't then sorry Achilles i missed ur point

all i was trying to do by saying y not just re-program

was adding my 2 cents to ur idea

sorry if i was misunderstood

spoiler

but from what i've heard T3 is going to be available in an optional tutorial, so i'm not sure if T3 will be in the rest of the game but even if he isnt no doubt obsidian will give us another astro droid to annoy us with its beeps and wistles that none of us understand except for c3po

Archived