Home

What DO you like about EMI?

sith_master2000

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, in my opinion MI4's not very good comparing to the other ones. I didn't like almost anything about it. Firstly because it exagerates the idea of puting modern elements in a game that's during the 17th century, the others weren't so exagerated as MI4. They subtle.

The otherthing i didn't like was the conceot art. It isn't bad, but i think looks bad if u compare it to bill tiller's style.

the grapihics are cool though for the time it cam out.:guybrush:

Personally, I found Monkey Kombat to be one of EMI's lower points, but I didn't hate it like some others did. I mean, it's actually an interesting puzzle - a good idea. It's just that it overstayed its welcome, and didn't sustain the entertainment. It was really similar to insult swordfighting, which also grows slightly tedious, but it's more fun to fight and learn insults/comebacks than it is to find which monkey stance beats what and which "oop" "ack" "eek" "chee" combination is required to get you there. Also, the fact that writing is involved doesn't help my feelings toward it to become more generous. In the end, I'll say that the puzzle in itself was good and probably would have been above average in another sort of adventure game. I was most annoyed with it my first time through the game, but since I've become more comfortable with it, and even look forward to it (partly due to the aid of the great John Takis chart). Perhaps the fact that it didn't always hold my interest was a testament to my being spoiled by "modern" (or more forgiving, I should say) puzzles from lesser games.

SPOILER

Sometimes I think Monkey Kombat was implemented simply to make the game's final, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, puzzle work (DRAW a monkey three times and he'll instinctively bang his head). I remember reading a positive review of the game (too lazy to look it up at the moment) who I thought pretty much nailed it on the head when he/she described the last puzzle as a sort of negative homage to the countless pathetic action games out there that steal the sales from the adventure genre.

Archived