Home

A- developers

bsplatter

I have to say that BF is a very good game ! I see all the the bad comments and wonder what game everybody else is playing! I try to not get caught up in the "hype" of a game in developement hence my reg. date. I find if I follow a game too "close" my expectations are never meet. I am a gamer ever since my C64 and Amiga. I would have to say that it is nice that a game will actually run decent on min sys requirements on settings other than "axe" ugly. I look forward to see what will come in the future for Bf mods? expansions?

sys specs

win xp sp2

900 tbird @ 945

320 meg ram 100 mhz

128 meg gf4 ti4200

120 gb hd

40 gb hd

16x dvd rom

8x dvd rw

run bf at 800 * 600 settings at med

In the future? Hopefully a server browser that doesn't make me sit 5 minutes to find the best server (using 3rd party programs to help me as well), net code that doesn't kick me every 3-5 games, a server browser that WORKS and works all the time, and the addition of command-line joining so that 3rd party programs are compatible. I'm downright sick of taking 5 minutes to join a game, not having a complete list of updated servers, not being able to use 3rd party programs, and being booted off the server eventually, restarting the process.

Though I agree with you the game is excellent. Pure fun. Just played through a raucous round on Endor where we had destroyed the Bunker but they had all the other CPs but one. We outlasted them and depleted their RI before they got us.

Great game but I want a damn real patch already. Gameplay is awesome but getting to it is downright frustrating. I understand how long these things take but it's going downhill. Good servers get ignored because they are low alphabetically on the server list!

I love this game. Gameplay faults are miniscule, at least small enough for me to overlook and hope for it to be changed in a patch, but not worry about.

HOWEVER, the commanding, horrid flaw in the game is the server browser. It's horrible.

It's spastic and keeps changing order or position, I don't know if it's updating or what, but it's annoying.

You can't filter by map.

You can't adjust very many options at all in making a server.

It's not a particularly handsome server browser.

But really it's that first one that drives me nuts. I just won't sit still, and I have to make a rush decision when I see a server I might like, just so that I don't lose it forever, which makes me often miss some detail, when examining hte server, like whether or not there are people in it. Just so frustrating for a game that's so online driven to make it so impossible to find a server I'd like.

And what's with not being able to sort by map?

Archived