Home

Awsome new game haha!

cushy

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Empire of Dreams documentary on the Bonus Disk, it was originally Return of the Jedi, but he was told that was a bad name and pressured into changing it. He then went with Revenge of the Jedi, but later decided a Jedi would never take revenge, so he changed it back. I've also heard that they used Revenge of the Jedi to avoid leaking the real name, but Fox started promoting it early, so they used the wrong name. So one of those two reasons.

The fact that they actually made & showed trailers with the title logo and all (and not just some bumper stickers and t-shirts like I originally thought) to me indicates that it was definately official for awhile.

Some of the rumors state that this was just a working title or a "fake title" to catch bootleggers.

Originally, GL had the name "Return" in his mind, but someone suggested Revenge which seemed appropriate. Everything went fine, name was official and ok. All the posters, T-Shirts, trailers and everything was out, but just a few weeks before release, GL turned it back to "Return", from "simple logic that Jedi don't take revenge." Quote from documentary as seen on the History Channel.

Archived