Home

Observations from the screens

JediConsularAD

Originally posted by 16_BIT

Those are some of the ones from the PnP books. :D But I didnt see a WotC anything in KotOR...dont they have a copy right on the rules? D20 in particular?

:eyeraise: Uh... KOTOR most definately uses the D20 system, and is properly licenced to do so. When you start KOTOR on your PC or Xbox there should even be a WOTC splash screen.

Originally posted by stingerhs

quake III???:eyeraise:

And yes stingerhs... Quake III... it may be a relic... but it still kicks some butt! I still play Doom I and II as well. :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

And yes stingerhs... Quake III... it may be a relic... but it still kicks some butt! I still play Doom I and II as well. :D

didn't say they were bad, just old. :p

and i am also fully aware that jko and ja used the quake III engine...

which is why those games took hits in the graphics department in the reviews.

and i also have to say that doom I/II are the best of the classic fps. :D

Originally posted by stingerhs

and i am also fully aware that jko and ja used the quake III engine...

which is why those games took hits in the graphics department in the reviews.

Actually, I don't remember JO taking any hits for graphics in the reviews. IIRC everyone thought it looked very pretty at the time. Still does, IMO.

Originally posted by RedHawke

:eyeraise: Uh... KOTOR most definately uses the D20 system, and is properly licenced to do so. When you start KOTOR on your PC or Xbox there should even be a WOTC splash screen.

KotOR uses D20 ya, thats obvious in feats and skills, ect, but I dont get a WotC splash, ever, in the game, only Lucas Arts and BioWare, havent seen a WotC anything, anywhere while Ive been playing it... There isnt even a mention of WotC on the lower left hand corner of my KotOR box... :confused:

Originally posted by Prime

Actually, I don't remember JO taking any hits for graphics in the reviews. IIRC everyone thought it looked very pretty at the time. Still does, IMO.

hmm, maybe it was just me after playing farcry and halo on the high graphics settings...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 16_BIT

KotOR uses D20 ya, thats obvious in feats and skills, ect, but I dont get a WotC splash, ever, in the game, only Lucas Arts and BioWare, havent seen a WotC anything, anywhere while Ive been playing it... There isnt even a mention of WotC on the lower left hand corner of my KotOR box... :confused:

I had one (I could have swore it was there... hmm... could that have been the NWN startup... hmm) anyway what does it really matter?

KOTOR and KOTOR:TSL are using the D20 system, and even though I think D20 is the worst rules system to ever grace an RPG (this includes GURPS), I'm quite sure that KOTOR:TSL will be as good or better than KOTOR. :D

Archived