Home

Getting MechWarrior Into Game

Ub3rl33t2304

uhm well depends on what program ur using if you use 3ds max youre lucky,you gotta select a part of the model than go to modifiers panel > uvw map , choose the right kind of surround , for example the legs could use cilindrical , than scroll down and click on fit, next u add another modifier named unwrap uvw, you click on edit ull see the uvw than u take a screen edit it in an program save as .jpg than go back to 3ds press M to get the material screen load the .jpg and go click on edit again this time you have to move the vertexes to fit the .jpg and voila, atleast this is how i do it, there must be an easier way but unless i learn it this will have to do

1.Apply unwrap modifier

2.Select faces that you want to map (usually a group of faces that are oriented the same way.)

3.Click "Planar map"

4.Repeat process for the other groups

5.Once everything has been mapped, click the edit button in the unwrap modifier, then you need to weld verts and create the layout.

I recommend using "chuggnut's unwrap tools" if you have max 5, great set of tools compared to the default unwrap.

Archived