Home

New Mod 24 new missions!

nemesis11c

I was hoping to create a mod in tandem with my realisim mod, and have it be something along the lines of a mod that exactly follows the course of the stellar X-Wing series of novels by Aaron Alliston and Micheal A. Stackpole. (Really great novels).

This mod will include:

The characters form the novel

You start off at the Folor training center.

A Couple of missions there, and on Commenor.

A few starfighter missions (i'll explain more later)

The Raid at Talsea (That'll be the Mission Name)

The fight for Borlieas.

The insertion into Coruscant, and several missions there.

Perhaps Corran Horn's "Great Escape" from the Lusankya.

The Liberation of Thyferra (duh)

Possibly a side mission to the Halamat Colony. (Use Stuff from Hoth to do this one.)

More starfighter missions.

1st Chapter Ends.

2nd Chapter:

Wraith Squadron

Start off at Folor again. (I hate Folor, it's just so boring)

Starfighter fight against the Implacable, rather it's TIEs, and that little trick in the Pig Trough, with the mock up Millenium Falcon.

The next couple of missions could be purely ground based, unless someone has a way to do the Night Caller.

That little raid on Halamad, where they stole the Interceptors.

The rest of those ground missions that they do, you know, like the onw to Binring Biomedical, etc.

I was thinking for the Starfighter missions, that someone model a hangar, and create spawn points there, and the rest of the territory be space, with a spwan hangar on the enemy ship, or whatever. Also, there should always be at least 3 or 4 ships in the hangar (preferably X-Wings, but i guess 1 or 2 Y-Wings would be better).

Anyways, Anyone who is interested in helping me out here, i can do sounds, but not modeling and skinning. If you have any other ideas, questions, comments, concerne, etc. , just pm me.

Thx.

I have decided to start a mod, which parallels the "X-Wing" series of novels, and it will include roughly 24 missions. To learn more specifics, see my other thread "X-Wing" Series Mod.

Currently, the mod can go nowhere, and I need talented people to help me out here.

I need:

1-3 modelers, who are comfortable with doing many maps, including a Corellian corvette, several space areas, Coruscant, and places like Thyferra.

Scripters/People who can hex this stuff in and make it work! This is one of the only things I absolutly cannot do, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Texture Artists. I can do some of my own texturing, but the more help I can get, the better the mod will be.

Sound people. There will be many new sounds in the mod, and i'll need help develpoing them.

People who are familiar enough with those books, and can help be brainstorm things like how levels should look like, what the Night Caller's ensignia looks like, how large are the levels, what characters to put in, etc.

Anyone with experience in anything who is willing to help me out here, if you don't have any experience, i don't care, I need all the help I can get, so sign up!

Thank you to all who take their time to read this thread, regardless of whether you sign up or not!

sry, i was out for a day, I just started working on the sound and texturing, I hope to fine tune it with B-Viewer. I am also working on the text editing part, but I have no clue as to what the h*ll im doing. Once again, anyone who could help me out with the Hexing and the actual making the mod work, I will build an altar to you out of Platinum.

Thank you to all, I am really pleased to have A Wedge voice, and I am glad to have someone else who's read the books, to give me any input as to what we should include. To the voice actors, I'll see if i can get a script of things to say to you by the first of Nov. If not by then, definitely by the 1st week in Nov. Also, the overall quality of the vociover doesn't matter all that much, as long as it's plausible, and I'm just so glad to have a Wedge voice, as he'll be the one who gives mission briefings and such for Rouge Squadron. I was also thinking of including an Imperial campaign. It'd be shorter, with maybe therr missions or so, but I think that it's worth thinking out (Revlt Coranier, help me out here). Once again, thank you to all.

Archived