Home

Modding Tutorial Requests here please..

subs0nic

Hi all,

I will shortly be making up a series of pdfs for download, these will be SWBF modding tutorials starting from pretty basic editing to more advanced topics, including using the Bviewer/Bcompiler tools that Nimlot is developing.

What I'd like to hear from you is ideas for tutorials that you'd like to see, and I will make the ones that are most popular/most requested.

Please DON'T post:

- Ideas for total conversions; that is outside the scope of these tutorials (for now).

- Ideas for new maps. Plenty of other threads for that, also outwith the scope of this, and currently not possible.

Simple request. How to add xwing/tie on level which does not have flying vehicles (such as yav1)? And how you can define how many flying objects can be within one level (for example nab1 where you can have only 2 flying vehicles at one time - I want all vehicles to be xwing/tie) I tried replacing all speederbikes and speedfighters but as I said only 2 vehicles at one time.

Thanx Sub.

How to remove certain objects from the map? For example, I removed (I do not know how), all trees and grass from yav1 map and without bounderies (Kings patch) map is huge and opened. Basicly, tell me how I did this because I can not repeate it.

Thanx Sub!

Originally posted by Saberdude99

alright :( , well thanks anyway, but how were those trainers able to be made?

Trainers are generally programs that alter or freeze the values for health etc directly in memory while the game is running - not the same as changing the health value of the character in the first place.

Great ideas guys, keep them coming!

So in that case is there anyway i can make one or something to do just that, but also without having to use one of those trainers that dont work for me, but to make the character health value of everyone to 1 or something, how would i do that using freezing or something, there has to be some way. Thanks.

Originally posted by nemesis11c

I'd like to see a tutorial on changing weapons between factions, if possible, and how to use that patch maker that KingGuru uses, I dont think I have it quite right, but i need a tester for my mod to be sure.

Okay, a full step-by-step of a simple mod from start to finish, including compiling a patcher, is probably a good idea. I'll put it on my list. :)

Working on tutorial #1: Putting flyers into Yavin Temple. Should be ready this time tomorrow. ;)

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

Yea, just a tut on the VERY basic basics. And good programs to use.

All the tutorials I make will be aimed at the complete beginner. For a look at the tools you'll need to follow the tutorials, check here.

Originally posted by Servant

Can't wait for Yavin tutorial. Sub, can you add some stuff on how to move spawn points to another location?

Changing co-ordinates of assets hasn't been figured out yet afaik, I messed around with it a little last night with no success. If/when I or someone else figures it out, it'll probably get it's own tutorial, but it won't be covered in the Yavin tutorial.

Originally posted by arachon

i would like a step for step tutorial how you replace vehicles in maps

This will be covered in my first tutorial, coming soon.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

Why don't you try to make some reskins? It would be really cool if you could be a jet trooper with a blue and white color scheme, and a cape.

I'm planning to cover this when I make a tutorial on using the BViewer/BCompiler tools.

Archived