Home

Jedi ACADEMY screenshots in 8MB video card!!!!!!!!!

teff

You know now that I think about it, it could have been a 17 MB card. Sorry my mistake:)(Still pretty good for a 17 MB card though)

/edit: No, it was a 7 MB voodoo. I needed a 16 MB card to play a game back then. And I couldnt play it till I got my 32 MB radeon. So yeah, they did have 7 MB cards back in 1999.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TK42235

You know now that I think about it, it could have been a 17 MB card. Sorry my mistake:)(Still pretty good for a 17 MB card though)

/edit: No, it was a 7 MB voodoo. I needed a 16 MB card to play a game back then. And I couldnt play it till I got my 32 MB radeon. So yeah, they did have 7 MB cards back in 1999.

I see...........:p

• 2 weeks later...

:p I had a Daytona 8mb videocard without hardware acceleration:p

Now i have an even crappier card :

Geforce Fx5200 128mb

And my pc looks a little like this:

AMD athlon Thunderbird 1,4Ghz (1,8 intel+)

About 300 mb ram

Itachi Deskstar Hard drive 120 gb

Dell 17 inch monitor:D

Originally posted by TK42235

Lies. There never was a 7 mb or 17mb card of any kind. Chip makers have always kept to the multiples standard of doubling the previous chip.

Hence, 2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512

Never any odd numbered video cards, and if you say otherwise PPOR (post proof or retract)

• 2 weeks later...

I think what he's trying to prove is because his computer sucks (no offense) he can play JKA and look decent , and while playing on a 1024 x 768, Which is good, which encourages people with the same type of graphics card/memory, etc. situation to actually buy the game.

I love this guy, he's so happy all the time, lol.

Originally posted by Knight

I think what he's trying to prove is because his computer sucks (no offense) he can play JKA and look decent , and while playing on a 1024 x 768, Which is good, which encourages people with the same type of graphics card/memory, etc. situation to actually buy the game.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

:p:p:p;):p:D:p;):)

No, memory can't be odd. Its got something to do with the pins, right? I don't think it could fit in the slot properly without the right ammount of pins. Maybe not, thats just my guess.

Your RAM/Video Memory is just leaked. Heat and stuff like that corrupt it a little bit so it only reads 7 MBs instead of 8 (I THINK). For example:

My computer says it has 502 RAM. In reality it has 512. Its just not reading 10 MBs of the RAM. Jedi Academy says I have 503 RAM. It also says I am running Direct X 9.0A when the Direct X Diagnostic Tool says I am running 9.0C.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

No, memory can't be odd. Its got something to do with the pins, right? I don't think it could fit in the slot properly without the right ammount of pins. Maybe not, thats just my guess.

Your RAM/Video Memory is just leaked. Heat and stuff like that corrupt it a little bit so it only reads 7 MBs instead of 8 (I THINK). For example:

My computer says it has 502 RAM. In reality it has 512. Its just not reading 10 MBs of the RAM. Jedi Academy says I have 503 RAM. It also says I am running Direct X 9.0A when the Direct X Diagnostic Tool says I am running 9.0C.

I see........

:p

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Knight

In fact, I am trying to encourages people with 3dfx video cards!!!!

3dfx had not died!!!!!!!!;)

3dfx never died!!!!!!!!!:fett:

I think.....:p

Archived