Home

Quick question about merchants.

Mono_Giganto

Originally posted by Darth333

I am not sure if you can do it with Kotor tool ( I have not been playing with this since we have good tools) but with a GFF editor, you should see a field called "Infinite". Simply set it to 1.

Ah. In KotOR Tool, it only shows inifite items with a quantity of one. (I know plasma grenades are infinite on Tatooine.)

One more question.

Let's say I release a mod, and the merchant file with it has 2 items for sale. Then I release another mod, that alters that file, adding items lets say. Is there a script I can use to make those changes to the merchant take effect immediately instead of waiting for a new game?

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

One more question.

Let's say I release a mod, and the merchant file with it has 2 items for sale. Then I release another mod, that alters that file, adding items lets say. Is there a script I can use to make those changes to the merchant take effect immediately instead of waiting for a new game?

Nope, the merchants .utm files are loaded when the area is loaded the first time only. Though custom merchants seem to have some nice invantory reset glitches... :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Nope, the merchants .utm files are loaded when the area is loaded the first time only. Though custom merchants seem to have some nice invantory reset glitches... :D

Darn, I thought there might have been a to "re-load" it with scripting. Oh well, can't update it midgame I guess.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Darn, I thought there might have been a to "re-load" it with scripting. Oh well, can't update it midgame I guess.

Mono,

I thought of something that might do what you want... sort of... ;)

When an area loads or a script fires your merchant appears... right? And has the two or so items in its .utm for sale... and you want to make the available list of sale items bigger and be able to update it in the same game... right?

Thought 1;

-------------------------------------------------

You could make a seperate Merchant .utm and NPC .utc files that use the same appearance and dialogue as the first version, and to update the invantory you could simply fire a script to remove the first version of the NPC Merchant and Spawn the second version in its place, the new spawned NPC Merchant should be able to sell the new items you want to add in the new .utm for the second version of the merchant.

That just might work... or Thought 2;

--------------------------------------------------

Or you could create a seperate .utm for the same NPC, like the game does with Suvam Tan, and you just would include in your merchants dialogue file several open merchant scripts and include the new one(s) each in a seperate dialogue tree that opens up, and subsequently closes off the older one (Use a global number or local boolean set/check scripts for this), when you want to add more items to the merchant for sale. You simply set the new number with a script and the new tree will open loading your newer version of the .utm.

:eyeraise: Confused yet... I hope it makes some sense. As I have been doing some of this tonight. :guiness:

:D

Archived