Home

Nothing personal...

Hannibal

Nothing personal to Obsidian, more my feelings for Bioware, but I think Bioware should make KOTOR3. My reasons have nothing to do with KOTOR2. It's more...

Have you seen Jade Empire. The graphics engine on that should be what KOTOR2 was on. If Bioware made KOTOR2 no way they would have kept the same engine.

PS I enjoyed the game and had no complaints about the story. :)

here is what should happen

Bioware realses KOTR:GOLD! KOTR with all the stuff from TSL but the KOTR story and worked around so that the new planets fit in as well (hey more peices to the star map lol)

but ya I think KOTR3 should be from bioware, I know its stupid to say but maybe bioware gave TSL to obsidein to make while they were workin on jade empire? lol just a thought

I sometimes think of Jade Empire as the real sequel to KOTOR, it seems to take much of the stuff that made KOTOR great and expand on it, while adding a real time action-based combat system that looks awesome and better graphics and animation (motion cap:D). Maybe if Bioware makes KOTOR3 they could expand on the JA engine, I think the combat system in it would work great for KOTOR as well.

Originally posted by XBebop

KOTOR2 probably would have been a flop without the same engine. The easy interface of KOTOR is one thing that people liked about it. Also, the battle system. If any of that were changed people might not like the game anymore.

I can't say I agree with that. Bioware wouldn't have changed the battle system. They just would have used a more graphically advanced engine (like the engine the created for Jade Empire). The engine didn't make the game, and an interface can be replicated on a new engine.

My whole point was though that they wouldn't have stuck by with the same old graphics. It might have taken longer for the game to come out but would have been worth it.

Another problem is the lessons learned by Bioware on KOTOR seemed to be lost on Obsidian. You don't get that if it's the same company.

When I look at Jade Empire I think what could have been. Now all we have to do is hope for KOTOR3.

It really doesn't look like KotOR is going to be on Bioware's plate any more. In all of their interviews regarding JE, they always seem to mention how much they enjoyed being free of conforming to the limits of a franchise. Besides, the game engine for JE? That was in development before KotOR1 was even released, so they really never even planned to continue with the franchise. Now consider that KotOR2 came out only a year and half after KotOR was released, and that JE was in development for three years.

Frankly, I won't be worrying about KotOR3 as long as either Obsidian or Bioware is involved. And guess what? Bioware is already busy with Jade Empire 2, and Obsidian is already busy with Neverwinter Nights 2.

Time to find yet another company for KotOR3. X-Men Legends 2 will be done soon - Ravensoft, anyone?

if we're going to start talking about possible devs for kotor3, then i'll throw my vote in with starbreeze. the graphics engine they created for chronicles of riddick: efbb rivals doom 3 and half-life 2 for overall beauty and realism.

i realize that cor: efbb is a fps, but the first games that starbreeze made were action-based rpg's. also considering how extremely well they did with a game based on a movie franchise should tell you a lot about their commitment to making great games.

of course, i wouldn't mind seeing bioware use the new 3d engine they developed, but i just wanted to express my opinion....

Archived