Home

Sith Outcast II: Imperial Assault

obijon1138

"The Empire's new weapon, the Death Star, has just been completed. The Imperial military is at it's peak strength and the Empire has a firm grip on the throat of the galaxy.

Or so it seems...

The wanderers of an ancient and mysterious Zabrak cult have come out of hiding. Once thought destroyed by the Jedi in an ill-fated confrontation that left their young leader, Khameir Sarin (Darth Maul), the only survivor. But then, the many who had left to explore the galaxy returned home to Irdonia after sensing the disturbance of the force in the wake of the destruction of their clan. Imbittered in their ways towards the corruption of the governing bodies of the galaxy, this event solidified their hunger for revenge.

Many years later...One of them had discovered a scepter in the far reaches of the outer rim which had been identified as the scepter of Marka Ragnos. The eldest members took out on a mission to return the scepter to it's Master who laid in eternal rest on the nearby planet of Korriban. They knew of the secret that the scepter claims to it's Master and hoped to awaken him to help them destroy all the "impurities" of the force that the galaxy had cultivated.

In the dark tomb of Marka Ragnos the scepter awoke the remaining lifeforce of it's Master. Slowly over time the ancient Sithlord started to regain his physical form and set out to overthrow the Emperor and take control of the galaxy.

The Emperor could sense this disturbance and set out to gather all who could be trained in the use of the force. He would be prepared to meet his rival as he realized conventional military units did not stand a chance against the power of the force. With the Rebellion gaining strength he knew this would be a critical moment for the future of the Empire.

Then there is your story...

You were raised by your mother, once a nomadic mercenary of the galaxy. Upon your birth she committed herself to raise you and provide a home. She still took contracts to raise money and during her brief departures you were left in the care of a guardian. She was skilled in the arts of hand to hand combat and melee weapons. She taught you as much as she could as you grew up. But one day she never returned...

At an older age you spend your life searching for her. But her disappearance remains a mystery. You find out your father's identity after reading her journal. Nothing more is said of him but you set out to find him to ease the pain in the loss of your mother. On Sulon you find him and tell him who you are, many years lost are caught up in an instant. But your reunion is cut short...

The Empire accuses your father of treason and arrest him to be executed. In the scuffle that ensues the Imperial agent Mara Jade notices your abilities and strikes a deal with you. Your father's life for your service in the Imperial special forces. Without a choice you agree to the terms and our story begins..."

This is a summary leading up to the story that takes place in Sith Outcast II for Jedi Academy. I have been editing the dialogue and ingame scripts to present an entire new story for the game. And as with all stories of the Sith, the ending will not be happy.

If you have seen Sith Outcast: Dark Origins, this one will be similar except it will be MUCH better. I am editing the npc files and the scripts to make this more of a co-op mod. Where from time to time Imperial troopers or agents will show up and fight on your side.

I am planning on completion next year sometime before 'Revenge of the Sith' hits the theaters.

Here is a short movie of the progress so far:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9208/

credits for appearance:

Mara Jade by Lilandra and Edward Peretti

Darth Vader by Sithlord II, Keshire, and Arco

Stormtroopers (regulars and desert units) by Hapslash

The Zabrak cult by Keshire

The Emperor by Toonces and Arco

Marka Ragnos provided by Lightninja

Royalguard by Webley (SAIK HUAT), MaxiNeo

RAB-24 droids by Chairwalker

Inyri Forge helped me with some simple camera commands.

So this is what I have used so far...

And here is what I need help on listed by priority:

1.SCRIPTING: I need some help in learning some command strings and editing for NPC's and cinematics. And if at all possible, weapon selection. If someone could direct me towards a tutorial that would be great. Or we could use this thread to answer my questions.

2.MODELERS/SKINNERS: I would like to have a good model for the female Zabrak leader. Hooded, dark clothes, tattoos, a sleek model compatible with the animations of JA. Right now I am using a skin I made from the game model, so a good skin job would work too.

Also the player selection, any ideas are welcome as far as skinning or modeling (Merc or Imperial class). I wanted to keep this feature in the mod. I have written the story around it so you could be male or female. Species, I haven't decided on yet.

And any weapon changes, I am having difficulty changing out weapons in the SP format.

And a special job, on t3_bounty I would like to see something different. A sentinel/guardian in the form of anything. (droid, creature (flying), or mounted creature (flying))

I already set up a Mandalorian type battle on the t2_dpred map with Jodo Kast in the hanger. I wanted to use Boba as a team player with his characteristics but the CLASS coding prevents that.

3.VOICE ACTORS: I really need female actors for the parts of Mara Jade, the Zabrak leader, and the female player character. I cannot do without the female characters in the story, so the most important is Mara Jade. I can cover the other parts but I would like someone else to do the male player character.

2.MODELERS/SKINNERS: I would like to have a good model for the female Zabrak leader. Hooded, dark clothes, tattoos, a sleek model compatible with the animations of JA. Right now I am using a skin I made from the game model, so a good skin job would work too.

Also the player selection, any ideas are welcome as far as skinning or modeling (Merc or Imperial class). I wanted to keep this feature in the mod. I have written the story around it so you could be male or female. Species, I haven't decided on yet.

And any weapon changes, I am having difficulty changing out weapons in the SP format.

And a special job, on t3_bounty I would like to see something different. A sentinel/guardian in the form of anything. (droid, creature (flying), or mounted creature (flying))

I already set up a Mandalorian type battle on the t2_dpred map with Jodo Kast in the hanger. I wanted to use Boba as a team player with his characteristics but the CLASS coding prevents that.

4.MAPPERS: Since this campaign has random missions maybe you have had an idea for a SP mission but never used it. Or maybe you would like to edit one of the maps to your liking. This is open to ideas, I have a few missions I would like to replace so anything you come up with I could write the story around it.

I would like to invite you to join the Imperial Assault team and make this mod more than what I could make it. I am merely providing a vehicle for your works and talents and would appreciate any help or collaboration in which you would be individually credited for.

imperialrecruit3.jpg

Pretty good pitch eh? :D

I'd like to use this thread for questions and crits. I'll post updates of skins and script changes I'm working on.

Recruiting is only an option and no obligation is required. (not very Imperial-like...heh) Most of that stuff is just extras, except voice actors. I could release the mod as-is as soon as I fix some of the script hang ups. Listed below:

1. What is the command to affect the CLASS_BOBAFETT level wide for certain NPC's, making them killable.

2. I need camera commands to change angles in the cutscenes because of Marka Ragnos and Darth Vader's large scale.

Thanks

Any questions?

Nope...

I haven't had much luck getting any help that way. I just thought I'd throw the questions in.

Oh well...back to the ol': edit script - load game - "dammit that didn't work" - edit again - load game - "WTF?" - repeat until desired results achieved.

I'll have some screenshots of the Zabrak skin I'm working on...plus some others.

Originally posted by GothiX

Would that make it any more of a reason to post it here?

Post it where? I showcased a story and an idea, asked if anyone was interested, and invited feedback. So I throw in a question or two and get a discussion about proper placement of thread posting and content.

Anyways...

SP scripters are hard to come by, next to none really. Any available are into their own projects or have moved on. Most scripting now is in MP, mostly because SP sucks to work with. But it is my preference being an old school gamer and being inexperienced with playing online.

So if there is a question why it is in the showcase forum, it is because it is just a project I'm working on and I presented it as such. I could possibly figure some of this stuff out or just work around it. I am just a Star Wars fan using the mod community as a medium of creativity and enjoyment of the SW universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't see this before. I like the idea and would be willing to help you guys get this intergrated as a CoOp campaign for MP.

My mod OJP is in the process of getting the default SP campaign to work as a CoOp gametype in MP. Having a new storyline would be just the thing to interest people in playing thru the SP campaign again. :)

OJP! That would be great!

We are currently modifying the story a bit for reasons of character development and accuracy. It will be the same theme, same enemies, and your player character serving the Empire.

I wanted to keep player character choice in the mod so we are still working the angle of the story from that point. But on certain levels you will be in Imperial uniform (Stormtrooper, sandtrooper, etc. whatever condition applies) and some levels will be forced gunplay where there really isn't any saber combat.

It would be great to integrate this into the OJP mostly because of the limitations I am facing in the SP campaign as far as editing goes. *frustration*

Were you wanting to have this as an SP and MP campaign, or just serve it up as a campaign for MP?

I know about the OJP, and I really like the idea.

Co-op is the way to go!:D

It would be a waste to do SP side if the entire campaign could be ported to MP. I just wasn't sure if you have been able to import the cinematic scripts that cue certain cut scenes in a level.

My work would mostly be in story creation, cinematics(camera angles), and sound (voice acting and effects). The co-op side in my mod is NPC reconfiguration through thier abilities and team placement.

I have never gotten into MP ('cause I get my ass kicked too much)so I don't know a whole lot about how it works.

GothiX is right. Mongo, lay off.

ObiJon, follow the rules.

Rules of Showcase Forum

* Topics must be WIP's. Please do not post topics asking for help or just plain ideas

* All WIP's must contain screenshots/renders of the map/model/skin

So get to posting some screens or this will be moved to editing request.

Archived