Home

Equipment limitation question...

SuperSquall

Some Party npc's have special feats, Like Bastila with Battle meditation or the PC with Force sensitivity. In Baseitems.2da there is a column called genderspecific If you put a corrisponding number from gender.2da that might work, but I've never tried it.

It is possible to make an item Very user specific But there are limitations.

Well, I'm not a modder really, admittedly, but you can see right in game more complex restrictions. At least for particular characters. for Bastila, have it require Battle Meditation, for Juhani have it require force camoflauge... and all those things lightside or darkside restricted... not sure about others.

[Edit: Dang, T7 posted this right while I was typing mine! :) }

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Some Party npc's have special feats, Like Bastila with Battle meditation or the PC with Force sensitivity. In Baseitems.2da there is a column called genderspecific If you put a corrisponding number from gender.2da that might work, but I've never tried it.

It is possible to make an item Very user specific But there are limitations.

Just as a note Force sensitivity is used by all force sensitive characters jolee, juhani, bastilla, and the PC. In order to use any force power you must be force sensitive. It is a first level jedi freebie.

Is there any way to add more complex restrictions on who can equip an item in the game? There are restrictions like "Dark Side Only" or "Droids only" but is there anything like gender-specific restrictions, or even character-specific restrictions?

If you look in itempropdef.2da you will find alot of different item properties that can be used as conditionals and where to find definitions of those conditionals.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Just as a note Force sensitivity is used by all force sensitive characters jolee, juhani, bastilla, and the PC. In order to use any force power you must be force sensitive. It is a first level jedi freebie.

Only if you multi-class

IE: if you use mods to "Make so-and-so NPC a Jedi".

The Force Sensitive is only for the PC. None of the NPCs you mentioned have this feat.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Actually, its not. The feat 'Force Sensitivity' is given to the player when they become a jedi, it pushes up the amount of Force Points to what it should be as a jedi, from the 0 you had as a soldier/scout/scoundrel.

--edit-- ok, so deathdisco beat me 2 it :p

Archived