Home

See-Through Bastila Problem

thebighirt

This question may have been answered or dealt with before, but looking through previous threads I have not found any prior discussion of this glitch. When Bastila gets too close to a light source, she is see-through. (meaning you can see the street and people through her, its like she's a ghost or something). Can this be fixed, and if it can, how? I don't think this is really a request for a mod, so that's why its not in that forum. Thanks.

Are you using any of the mods like svosh's Bastilla robes?

I know that occasionally models that have the cm_baremetal texture channel tend to have that glitch. I have had it happen with the Black HK-47 mod alot of times this is a graphics card glitch that causes it. What worked for me getting rid of see through HK is restoring all of the graphics to there default setting and run the game and see if it is still happening.

Here's what I did to solve that problem: in the appearance.2da file change the envmap value for party_NPC_Bastila to CM_Baremetal.

edit: doh you beat me with an explanation:p

oddly enough though, when I make a fresh install of the game Bastila does NOT have the CM_Baremetal - almost as if Bioware forgot to put it in or something... or soemthing went wrong with my install...

the envmap of cm_baremetal is used in svosh's bastilla robes appearance.2da the robes have the nice metal texture because of this the default envmap is DEFAULT. This was not forgot by BIOWARE. the envmap provides the background upon which the texture is applied anything that has a metallic appearance needs this however anything solid and black should retain the default envmap.

The artist that made that Texture screwed up. There was an Alpha Channel added but not Texture info was added to the tpc :rolleyes: You can fix this though.

Using Kotor tool you can find 2 textures one called P_BastilaBB01 and another P_bastilaBB01.

P_BastilaBB01 is the texture the game uses and the one with the useless alpha channel.

If you extract P_bastilaBB01 and rename it to P_BastilaBB01 and place it in override this should fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived