Home

I REFUSE TO DO ANOTHER FAMILY MISSION

Guest tie_ace666999

Guest tie_ace666999

I have had it with these family missions, they are like a huge flaw in such a great game. Is there any way to skip them, some sort of a pilot editor or a game editor, ro even perhaps a saved pilot file for a pilot that has already beaten the game. I cant deal with these family missions, they are seriously impossible. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest Rogue15

which one are you having troubles with? I don't think they're a major flaw, some of them are pretty cool too, the best part about playing them is hearing emkay.

Guest Cloud

I think the family missions are great because you actually do something different beside piloting X-Wings and stuff. Beside it is true that it's fun to listen to Emkay.

Guest garyah99

As above. Most of the family missions really aren't that hard. The only one I ever had a problem with was the "Plant the listening device" mission. If you're having problems with a particular one, just post in the "Strategy" forum and someone will be along in no time to help you out.

Guest tie_ace666999

Well everyone is entitled to thier opinnion. I personally dont like the family missions, the reason i buy the x-wing games is so that i can live the intense fighter duels that ive seen in the movies, not so i can do two-bit smuggling crap, like IGN said when they reviewed it, Any more family misions and it would turn into Star-Wars Customs officer. The title is X-WING alliance, not Stupid smuggling alliance.

YOu are wrong.. the title is X-wing : Allaince

X-wing as in series, ":" to denote a continueation of the series, Allaince as a Allaince with a Mechant family (i.e. Azzaamean family)

if all you want is dogfighting, go play Xwing vs Tie Fighter, and leave the XWA people alone

• 3 weeks later...

Originally posted by tie_ace666999:

Well everyone is entitled to thier opinnion. I personally dont like the family missions, the reason i buy the x-wing games is so that i can live the intense fighter duels that ive seen in the movies, not so i can do two-bit smuggling crap, like IGN said when they reviewed it, Any more family misions and it would turn into Star-Wars Customs officer. The title is X-WING alliance, not Stupid smuggling alliance.

I'm beginning to agree. The family missions seem to be 10 times as hard as the rebel missions. I've skipped the majority of them with Piloteer. I play this game for flying the X-Wing and the A-Wing like in the movies. Plus the family missions do not add to your rank in the Rebel Alliance one bit. I'm really starting to dread them.

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Guest Redwing

They LET you design fighter duels in the Combat Simulator. You pick the odds, ships, and place. It's a lot of fun, especially when the game is modified with a download to let you fly nearly ALL ships.

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived