Home

Yet another "help I'm a l4m3r" thread

jon_hill987

I have recently downloaded a MP3 playing/mixing program (freeware so no support), Thing is, it keeps on skipping when playing MP3's.

I know the problem is the buffer length because I had exactly the same problem with winamp, but winamp has a buffer length setting whereas this program does not. Is there any way to change the buffer length from windows? or any other fixes? Or is this program just never going to work on my PC?

Oh and if you want the link to the program: http://decks.50megs.com/

I don't really think you can change the "buffer leanght." But after editing the music, save it and play it on Winamp to see if it will skip. If it doesn't, you will just have the problem of a editor that skips when playing... meh.

But I don't know much, see if someone with more technical skill could help you.

TiE

l$m3r !!! I thought this was gonna be a JA thread :p

anyways, perhaps the problem is your soundcard's settings. Have you checked its properties within wiindows ?? were you able to do this previously ?? If so, it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling your card, which is easy if you have xp...

mtfbwya

Hmm, It seems that recorded mixes play fine in winamp, I've gon through the audio settings cahnging things with little affect. never mind, its just a pain trying to use the program with it skipping,. I might try geting a full program in the future rather than being such a cheapskate!

Archived