Home

Who decided that Revan was a woman?

Excalibur Bane

It just doesn't seem to suit the Revan that went to war against the Mandalorians. I mean, the robes don't seem particularly female. Who decided it anyway? I was a bit shocked when I first saw Revan referred to her as a female.

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting but a bit surprising. I don't see a woman trying to takeover the galaxy. Not that I have anything against women either :)

I find it odd, myself. Not that Revan is a woman--I have no problem with that--but the apparent confusion about it. Everything in the first game suggested the default option was for Revan to be male, and yet TSL has Atton first believing Revan to be female. He also more naturally believes that Revan was evil. It's odd, since you'd think it would be the reverse.

But if Revan was indeed a woman, then that itself wouldn't be a problem for me.

I think the idea is that no one knows what's going on with the jedi. I remember someone saying that what is normal for you (the character) to know is secret for almost everyone else because of the council. The jedi aren't public about most things. The only reason people knew of the exile and his status was because of Atris. The whole thing on Onderon is a good example, when you listen to the news, the republic started the firefight in space and the Ebon hawk is a huge republic cruiser. Even that is wrong.

Actually Revan being female makes a lot of sense.

1. Revan is CONSIDERABLY smaller than Malak, just look at the dream when you arrive at Dantoinee in kotor.

2. Bastilas shocked expression in one of the movies.... I would be pretty schocked too to learn that the Dark Lord really was the Dark Lady. Besides a sisterhood-thing makes more sense.

Personally I chose to play male however, since otherwise it would be too much girl power, with Juhani and Bastila, as well as a female main character.

3. The fact that he/she conceals his/her face and body totally. Maybe she fears her troops would not respect a dark lady as much as a dark lord?

And as someone said, people don't really know a lot about what goes on in the Order. If Revan was a gal, and then turns to the dark side, and wants respect, maybe it wouldn't be a problem, as her troops never saw her anyway?

KOTOR 1 revers to Revan as him, though KOTOR 2 revers to Revan as her. This does indeed seem a bit odd. However I don't really know what KOTOR 2 uses for the Revan thing, maybe the default is that Revan is completely the opposite of the PC or just partly, or that there is a standard Revan, as I picked the choices for Revan myself.

I belive there's a bug in TSL. I told Atton that Revan was Male and Kreia confirmed it later when i asked her about Revan. BUT, the Jedi Council on that video refered to Revan as she. I also heard some people who told Atton that Revan was a female that the Jedi Council refered to Revan as he. So, there clearly is a bug in the game, or the Jedi Council is not really sure what sex Revan really is. :D

Originally posted by Anasazi

Actually Revan being female makes a lot of sense.

1. Revan is CONSIDERABLY smaller than Malak, just look at the dream when you arrive at Dantoinee in kotor.

Everyone in the game is much smaller than Malak :D so that doesn't telly you anything. My male PC was very small compared to Malak when in that final battle.

As i said beofre on another thread, Revan as a girl is very sweet, either as a good or bad girl. That last cutscene with Lady Revan being adored by the Sith Army and the "Infinite Fleet" is so so grand and so sad, too, because when I saw that I thought, well I have just #~€ed up the whole Original Trilogy, but now with the K2 info, you can understand that all that fleet was used by Revan to fight the True Sith... but I think, Revan, the war Hero, The Sith Lord, The Reformed Jedi... is more impactant as a girl, maybe because there is a particular male face in K1 that makes you say: "That's the one, that's Revan", as a girl it does.

I think that too about the Exile face on K2...

But being more practical and "traiditonal",for me Revan was a good guy, and the Exile is a twisted traumatized girl.

And they're loveable the two...

As i said beofre on another thread, Revan as a girl is very sweet, either as a good or bad girl. That last cutscene with Lady Revan being adored by the Sith Army and the "Infinite Fleet" is so so grand and so sad, too, because when I saw that I thought, well I have just #~€ed up the whole Original Trilogy, but now with the K2 info, you can understand that all that fleet was used by Revan to fight the True Sith... but I think, Revan, the war Hero, The Sith Lord, The Reformed Jedi... is more impactant as a girl, maybe because there is a particular male face in K1 that makes you say: "That's the one, that's Revan", as a girl it does.

I think that too about the Exile face on K2...

But being more practical and "traiditonal",for me Revan was a good guy, and the Exile is a twisted traumatized girl.

And they're loveable the two...

Archived