Home

Scratched Grim Fandango CD

Tahnee

Okay, so, somehow, my Grim Fandango Disc A got scratched up. I have no idea how, but I suspect my ancient and creaky laptop of something; its CD drive has been having issues lately (it's in a bit of a downward slide and shoud hopefully kick the bucket sometime soon). I thought it worked fine, since I told it to "resume last saved game," my last save was somewhere in Year 3, and it worked fine. But trying to start a new game results in my computer hanging up for a long time until it finally crashes back to the desktop.

Oops.

So, since I bought this game about a year ago...is there a way I can get a replacement disc from LucasArts, or am I going to have to buy the game over again?

Uh, I'm not sure. Both my game CDs (in the cardboard sleeve thing) cracked when I was in the process of moving a few years ago, and I eventually just spent 10 bucks on a new copy (jewel case). I imagine it might be worth finding out, but do you have proof of purchase? I think you have to destroy some part of the instruction manual or game box to obtain it :(

Even if the game can't play itself properly, have you tried giving the CD's a good wipedown and burning copies of them? Occasionally you can get a successful burn from a CD even if its scratched, and then just use those instead. Not a guarantee, but worth a shot.

• 1 year later...

Archived