Home

Which saber type and why?

Mondon

Hi guys:D

I recently aquired my copy of TSL and have already played through it twice. Both times i have ended up using a single saber with a silver crystal.

I was just interested to hear which saber types (single hilt, duel hilts, double-bladed) you have decided to use with your characters and why?;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dual Wielding Single Hilts.

Red or Violet

Because you have the highest amount of upgrades this way.

Left hand for Deflections and Stat boosts, Right hand for Sheer Damage. 2 Attacks per round (Like a double-bladed) along with the added attack from Flurry and the 2 added attacks from Master speed = Mega Damage. Plus is just looks cool.

Originally posted by Drazin

Dual Wielding Single Hilts.

Red or Violet

Because you have the highest amount of upgrades this way.

Left hand for Deflections and Stat boosts, Right hand for Sheer Damage. 2 Attacks per round (Like a double-bladed) along with the added attack from Flurry and the 2 added attacks from Master speed = Mega Damage. Plus is just looks cool.

I totally agree, It truly is THE best build for a jedi. Althought I want a silver and red sabre becuase I've never seen a silver one :p

Conselar should always go single hilt, for defense. You won't be using it for damage anyway.

Sentinel should always go double saber or duel wield, to get the most benefits and deal the most damage.

Guardian can go either way, it depends on whether you want to be as defensive as possible, or gain the offensive boost.

I usually use two different hilts, the right hand will have Malak's model saber, thank you OE for leaving it in there, with a blue glow-green core blade. And in the left defensive hand we have the regular saber with a violet glow-red core saber.

@ Bubbles

I believe your sig should be as follows: Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for a lifetime.

Originally posted by Bubbles

Conselar should always go single hilt, for defense. You won't be using it for damage anyway.

Sentinel should always go double saber or duel wield, to get the most benefits and deal the most damage.

Guardian can go either way, it depends on whether you want to be as defensive as possible, or gain the offensive boost.

Consuler should dual wieled as well - more benefits. for going "duelist" with one saber you only recieve +3 defense.

Dual lightsabers are almosts always my personal pick, although I also like single-hilt because it's purely classic style.

I fully agree with Drazin about the distribution of upgrade components in the 'sabers. Right for damage, left for deflection/regeneration/other boosts.

I usually like my dual 'sabers to be both the same colour, most often both yellow, or both blue. With a single-hilt, sticking with classic Jedi style, I pick Blue.

Dark Side play-throughs are rare for me, but when I do, naturally I pick red crystals.

First time through TSL I used a silver lightsaber, with yellow in the off-hand.

I am not sure there are any.

With the 2 lightsabers you will have slightly better damage in your offhand, but the shortsaber would give you slightly better attack rating.

And with the 6 dual-wield feats of the Weaponmaster, you pretty much have no penalty anyway, so you may as well go with 2 lightsabers.

I dont really think the difference between the two types would be great enough to have a dramatic impact on your ability either way.

So my official statement is:

2 Lightsabers look better, thus they have the advantage.

Looks > Use

With the fast weapon-swapping capabilities in TSL, I've started using a dual setup:

Dual lightsabers (one regular and one short) with crystals and enhancements focused on more damage, higher attack rating and better crit-chance

Double-bladed lightsaber with crystals and enhancements focused on higher defense and blaster deflection

Works nicely :) I could've gone for a similar setup using dual sabers in both, but I sort of like the look of the double-bladed one, and the dual-wield feats apply both to dual weapons and dual-bladed weapons it works nicely. Colours vary, but on lightside I tend to use blue, violet or green (I think blue right hand and violet left hand is my favourite), and as darkside, red obviously (can't go any other way as a dark jedi ;) ). I always go Jedi Guardian on my main character, because fast-action lightsaber fights are such a great thing to watch. Two sabers, master force speed and master flurry gives some really nice visuals :)

And I agree with "looks > use", or as i call it, style over substance. Always :)

Archived