Home

Hardcore Tsl

beancounter

I've fixed this problem myself, sadly the only way is to cheat.

This only happens if you have the tSL hardcore mo installed. apparently soem of the mark II minign droids somehow get killblasters from it...

On peragus, on the dormatory level, some Mining droid mark IIs will insta-kill you no matter how much life/armor/etc you have, so you have to turn on invulnerability or else you'll die.

Why did i post this? because it would be nice to have a fix since being forced to cheat ruins gameplay for me and soem other people when they want a challenging game, but not to challenging.

The only way those droids have insta-kill blasters is if you have another mod installed that affects blasters in the game. This mod simply replaces one of the main AI scripts to buff up your opponents based upon your characters level it doesn't give opponents any new equipment.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I have both the USM and Holowan Plugin 1.3 installed. When I delete the k_ai_master.ncs file to remove the Hardcore Mod, saved games no longer loads properly and i am unable to start new games without crashing.

Having followed the instructions given how to remove this mod I now wonder what I must do to be able to play the game with USM and Plugin, but without the mode.

Thanks,

justadude

Ps. I find 15 round fights I always win boring. No Offense intended, but if I am going to win I might as well one hit when playing for the umpteenth time.

• 7 years later...
I have worked up the preliminary bonuses for each setting. And since I enjoy thinking up new ways to make the game harder I have come up with a new Bonus: Immunity Paralysis/Fear/Stun. The goal of this is to prevent you from spamming Force Wave, Statis Field and Insanity everywhere. Not every NPC will have this bonus. Instead, each NPC will have a random chance of getting this bonus based on the difficulty level you are playing at. So you can still use those three Power Lines, just don't expect it to work on everyone. Also, with Force Wave it will still push everyone back, but it will not stun them. This does not effect the other powers, so your Jedi should still be able to use them without worry.

Here are the proposed changes:

If the PC is Level 10 the bonuses are:

Easy	Moderate	           Hard         Insane
Vitality Points	25	50	            100             150
Saving Throws	2	5		10	15
To Hit		2	5		7	10
Defense		0	3		5	7
Bonus Damage	0	3		5	7

Special Resist	0%	25%		50%	75%

If the PC is Level 20 the bonuses are:

Easy	Moderate	               Hard      Insane
Vitality Points	50	100		200	300
Saving Throws	5	10		20	30
To Hit		5	10		15	20
Defense		0	6		10	15
Bonus Damage	0	6		10	15

If the PC is Level 30 then bonuses are:

Easy	Moderate	             Hard       Insane
Vitality Points	75	150		300	450
Saving Throws	7	15		30	45
To Hit		7	15		22	30
Defense		0	10		15	20
Bonus Damage	0	10		15	20

The special resist is Resistance to Fear/Stun/Paralyze that I was talking about above. It is the chance that an NPC will be completely resistant to those attacks.

Bosses would be scaled up by an additional 50% of the above bonuses.

All of the bonuses are graduated, it would go up each time you level. The numbers above are just to show how much your opponents are increased so you can pick the right mod for you. To give everyone a frame of reference the current Hardcore Mod is right around moderate.

So what does everyone think? Once I test out the scripts myself, I would like to get a couple of volunteers to test the difficulty out. If you are interested, please PM me your email address I will send the mod to you in the next day or so.

What does the original file look like on normal ?

Archived