Home

Miles Sound Tools and renaming doesn't work for "streamsounds". How to resolve?

EmperorJello

Essentially, I'm trying to get at the streamsounds folder so I can modify the sounds that the characters make when selected or doing various actions. My problem is that I am unable to listen to these soundfiles when renaming the .wav files to .mp3, listening to them on Miles Sound Player, or even decompressing them with the Miles Sound Tool.

Does anyone have any idea on what to do with these files? I have the problem with the 'streamsounds' folder in both KOTOR and TSL.

A whole new codec has been used to compress these .wav files from the StreamSounds folder in TSL.

I found a codec that will play the TSL .wav files from the Xbox on any Media Player for Windows, but I'm not sure it'll uncompress and play the PC Version of TSL's .wav files.

I know It couldn't play the .wav files from Kotor1 PC version.

Originally posted by EmperorJello

Blast it... well, I might as well give it a try and see if it works. Do you know what codec it is/where you downloaded it from?

I downloaded it off an IRC server called

irc.Zoite.net" the channel is #xboxemu

Like I said, there's no guarantee that it'll work on the PC version of these .wav files but you can try.

Yeah. I can't stand IRC nor figure out how to get things off of it, so I suppose I won't bother, if it's not likely to work for the PC anyway.

It's odd, though ,that 'streamwaves' and 'streammusic' work by the two methods I named, but not 'streamsounds'...

That's because believe it or not, the sound files from the Streammusic and Streamwaves are actually .wma files. Well, there are that way on the Xbox's SWkotORII DVD.

But then what the heck are the ones in streamsounds?

They're .wav files - except that they are coded with a new or unsupported codec.

Now if somebody, who is very good at Hex editing and knows how to use Ida Pro can probably search for the codec in the SWkotOrII.exe it's self and use it to create and Audio Sound codec with an installation batch. So that way, Winamp or WMP can play it.

I for one don't know any of that because I don't hex but I'm sure somebody's already working on this right now as we speak.

Archived