Home

Hex Editing mdx files?

90SK

I'm was trying to hex edit my new skin onto the #10 mask model. I did so, and it worked fine accept it had no shaders. Rather than add a new row in app.2da I decided to flip flop the models, so the #10 is replaced with my new one (60).

Now, all .uti's that read the #10 model have been switched to #60.

My uti has been switched to read #10.

I've hex edited both models to read their apropriate skin.

My problem is: The old uti files that should be reading #60 still reading the old texture numbers (should be 9, reading 2. I chacked, hex edit says 9). My model is reading correctly.

Now, when I hex edited the model I only edited the .mdl file. Is the .mdx file causing my problem?

As far I I know you don't hex edit the .mdx file, your problem seems to be that, even though you edited your .uti files the game models didn't change, if this is the case I'm going to tell you why.

If you have a custom item .uti file in your override and then get that item in your game and save, then you update the .uti and place it in the override, the item that you saved to your game will still use the old un-edited .uti file, so you'll need to delete/remove that old item, a good way is to use teh breakdown option on teh workbench, then you will need to get the item again, this time it will use the new .uti.

Hope this helps,

Mav

Archived