SITH_ShadowCat

I can't believe nobody's posted this:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsrepubliccommando/review.html

Gameplay: 9

Graphics: 9

Sound: 9

Value: 7

Tilt: 9

I've only seen the video review and from what I gathered the only thing slowing this game down is SP length and lack of a great MP. Other wise the review said this is the best Star Wars game next to KotOR.

More details about Assault game mode, though they were less than impressed with MP overall (as have been all the other reviewers so far):

The game does include a multiplayer aspect on both the PC and Xbox platforms. Unfortunately, the multiplayer isn't nearly as creative or exciting as the campaign. There are standard deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag modes, along with an assault mode that's basically the same as one-flag CTF, with one team attempting to carry a special item in to a capture area in the other team's base before the timer runs out. There are eight maps total, which are designed for four to 16 players. Many of these maps, however, are just derived from specific parts of the single-player levels, although there is one special level that includes some zero-gravity areas that provide extra amusement. Those who've played a lot of shooters won't find much in Republic Commando they haven't seen before. So if you were looking at this game specifically hoping for a great new multiplayer experience, you're probably better off sticking with other alternatives.

Emphasis mine.

Our only caveats are that the campaign won't last you long, and the multiplayer is merely competent, which doesn't make the game stand out in a crowded market of first-person shooters.

So very similar to what we've been hearing from the rest of the reviews.

Archived