Home

What were your thoughts about the storyline?

The_Maker

While playing KOTOR2 for the first time I was hoping for more character involvement from KOTOR 1. One of the incredibly far-off and strange ideas I had was that Kreia was somehow an old/evil/Cryptic ;) Bastilla. Considering how Kreia's speach streches some vowel in words like, pawn for example. Kreia's speach had a British seeming accent to it that made me wonder... Another thing I was hoping for was actually finding out what Revan's path is. But all you actually get is

A brief vision in the cave on Korriban

What were some of your thoughts/hopes playing the game for the first time?

It was deeper and more involving than the simplistic storyline of Kotor 1. The morality issues and alternative angles on the nature of the Force were brilliant and the characters were engaging. The ending was the least good bit of the game, but I won't let it affect my opinion of the storyline until I know whether it's the end of the Kotor series.

The feeling i got was they had a really strong story line they began to make it from and they started at the beginningt but then obsidian was told to hurry up they want the game quickly. thats why it 'bombed' towards the end.

BTW I thought the onderon story was absolutly brilliant.

Kotor I story was much inspired by Star War movies I think. In Kotor II storyline has a different approach, and it's more complex than it was in the first game, also, in Kotor II there are more and longer dialogues with npcs. Probably, if Kotor II would have been developed by Bioware, now we would have been playing a lot different game, but I think a deeper involvement of npcs in the gameplay is the best improvement that has been implemented in Kotor II. Considering the story itself, I think instead I have preferred a one a little bit longer (Korriban and Dantoine in Kotor II are very small location) and a better ending.

Archived