Home

Which Force power is Better? (spoilers)

starmark2k

Force Enlightenment or Force Crush?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Force Enlightenment or Force Crush?

• Force Enlightenment (LS)
    • Force Crush (DS)

It really depends on the class you are playing, and/or how you've set up your character.

I've played both extremes for the Sith. For my Sith Lord, I still used Force Kill more often. And, it did more damage. The only person who resisted it at that point was

Kreia, which is who I used Force Crush on, given how meager my melee skills were. For Sion, I never had to use anything but Kill.

For my Sith Marauder, I get better results buffing myself up, and jumping into the fray. Fury and Energy Resistance at least last awhile, but Speed and Valor don't. I've maximized damage on my Marauder though, so she does much better using brute force instead of force powers. She does 62-101/43-82 with her double-saber, but her defense and wisdom are very low. A paper tiger if you will. For her, it's best used on a single nasty opponent so she can zip in and get some free hits in, but for crowds, it's totally ineffective for her. For others who aren't solely pure melee brutality, it'd be much much more useful.

With my Sentinel/Watchman, I used Enlightenment exclusively once I got it, since I had all the abilities anyway, and it saved lots of time. If I were DS, I'd have used Force Crush instead. This was my more middle of the road character.

Force Enlightenment really really helped me out a lot. It saved my time and my health quite a bit. First of all, I was a Jedi Weapon Master in my first game, but I had lvl 3 force armor, speed and valor, so Enlightenment did everything it could. With two lightsabers now, and using Master Flurry, I got in 4 attacks per turn, each dealing over 60 damage, and I would hardly take damage and couldn't be status damaged in any way. It was awesome for me.

force crush is a cool concept, but i've got two gripes with it:

1. its not a useful power against large groups of enemies. if you're a sith lord, then this power might even get you killed if you don't have a high enough defense just simply from all of the other enemies you're facing off with.

2. this is supposes to be a big "uber" power, but as KungFuFerret stated, force kill is more effective at actually killing your opponent.

thats why enlightenment gets the nod for me.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Actually, Crush did better then Kill for me. Perhaps your Wisdom or Charisma is not high enough.

However, it is true that Kill is a faster to cast leaving you less vulnerable. In the end however, Crush wasn't useful for me anymore so I decided to keep relying on Storm instead.

trust me, my wisdoma and charisma scores were plenty high enough (20+). crush just didn't perform as well as kill for me.

to be honest though, i didn't really even bother with either one of them. by the time i got to the end of the game, it was:

force wave + force storm = a ton of dead baddies

the same even worked for my consular/jedi master. with such a massive pool of force points, it didn't matter that i was using a darkside power at all. go figure. :dozey:

Originally posted by stingerhs

trust me, my wisdoma and charisma scores were plenty high enough (20+). crush just didn't perform as well as kill for me.

to be honest though, i didn't really even bother with either one of them. by the time i got to the end of the game, it was:

force wave + force storm = a ton of dead baddies

the same even worked for my consular/jedi master. with such a massive pool of force points, it didn't matter that i was using a darkside power at all. go figure. :dozey:

Maybe in KotOR 3 they should have a force power called force 'hurricane' (or somthing to that effect) which is a mixture of Force wave, Force storm and somthing else perhaps like death field or plague. now that would be a dark side power like a pitch black power as it'll be so dark.

The best Force Power ever is...Force Crush, seriously this move is devastating and fun to watch people get brought into the air and then get their windpipe crushed into bits ^_^, I tried it on Darth Nihilus and he didnt even move, but he fell and it took effect on him, even though this move takes the fun out of the game it's the easiest way to win..well other then Force Storm..

As said above Force chrush looks way cool, but it isn't all that usefull against multiple opponents. I find enlightment more useful, giving your best buffing powers in one turn. Very handy indeed for those longer fights.

It works best if you have mastered those Force powers so it does come with a certain cost (9 Force power slots).

Archived