Home

It's been a long time

Maxstate

Hi guys,

I've been away for some months, probably not even noticeable.

Well in Holowan that is, ive been making some posts here and there but finally im back and im going to be flaming, posting, and asking away again be prepared.

-Okay i know nobody cares but stick with me here;) -

I had a question about Kotor 2,

Would it be possible to extract the "glow" from the Master power attack from somewhere and modify it.

I dont know if this may or can be done, but my reason is that i would like to make the yellowish glow around it another color so it corresponds with your lightsaber.

And can that be done with photoshop?

The problem you'll run into has little to do with photoshop - it can do all sorts of great stuff.

I think this mod is possible, but you should have a plan for those who use Power Attack and *aren't* equipped with Lightsabers. Melee weapons should be fine but Unarmed fighters might cause some surprises. Maybe.

Either way, check out D333's TSL Floating Saber Force Power Mod - I think you will have to go about this mod in a very similar fashion. Feats and Powers are almost the same from the game's P.O.V.

D333's Mods:

http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/

I think you dont get me right:P

Im skilled at modifying pictures and making GIFs lol but i wouldnt know anything about Kotor 2 Mods:D

hmm, just wondering if someone can extract it so i can modify it and maybe i could get some help with making it an actual mod?

Edit: -with you i meant someone, sorry!-

Originally posted by Maxstate

Hi guys,

I've been away for some months, probably not even noticeable.

Well in Holowan that is, ive been making some posts here and there but finally im back and im going to be flaming, posting, and asking away again be prepared.

Welcome back! We are prepared to answer questions...but please, leave the flaming part out ;)

Originally posted by SuperSquall

Either way, check out D333's TSL Floating Saber Force Power Mod - I think you will have to go about this mod in a very similar fashion. Feats and Powers are almost the same from the game's P.O.V.

D333's Mods:

http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/

Infact the lightsaber floating power is completely different. No photoshop tricks! Each lightsaber is in fact an invisible creature wielding a lightsaber. I made two creatures for my mod: one wielding a blue lightsaber and one wielding a red lightsaber. When the player casts the new power, the script will spawn the creature wielding the red lightsaber if the player is DS and the other one if LS or neutral...

However what maxstate wants to do does involve photoshop but no scripting.

Oh man D333 still has t3h skillz0rz,

you can articulate stuff far better than i.

And be exactly right!:D

Ofcourse i'll leave the flaming part out;)

So anyone got some ideas how i should begin, i think the first bit would be extracting teh right (correct me if im wrong) texture or whatever.

Wow third edit: Maybe we should call you D³³³ :D

Originally posted by Darth333

However what maxstate wants to do does involve photoshop but no scripting.

I was thinking in terms of the VFX stuff. I know you used the Force Breach (or something like that) effect to trigger when your spawned lightsabers die. Wouldn't he have to script to make it so that it would load a different visual effect depending on the color of the lightsaber? How else would KotOR know which effect to use if two people Power Attacked at the same time but with different color sabers?

I think you dont get me right:P

Im skilled at modifying pictures and making GIFs lol but i wouldnt know anything about Kotor 2 Mods

Right. I was just saying here Photoshop isn't the limiting agent. :p

Yeah I think you'll have to go that way, but I was wondering how KotOR II is supposed to figure out which of those files to use. You'd have to say somewhere (I think anyway)

(Pseudocode)

IF (yourLightSaber == Yellow) {

use Maxstate's Yellow file.

}

ELSE IF (etc...)

I may be wrong but I think you'd need to script at least one thing. The reason I suggested D333's mod is because it makes a distinction regarding the action it takes depending on a condition (in her case, LS vs DS, but in your case you can just change it to something like: "IF Yellow Short Saber, OR Yellow Double Saber, OR Yellow Saber, THEN --->").

D333, am I right about this or is there something important I'm missing?

I don't think it's possible to make it correspond with the saber. Unless I am very much mistaken, the effect is the same for all sabers and its application is kind of hardcoded (as not in the scripts). I looked for them specifically because I wanted to remove these (feat-specific) VFX some time ago, bud I didn't find any reference of them in the scripts. But.. again, I could be very wrong about it.

You may be able to change the texture, provided if this effect has a texture to begin with. Unfortunately, visualeffects.2da doesn't mention any models or textures that are used for the effect, so it's up to you to find it... if it exists. I'd start looking in

texturepacks->swpc_tex_tpa-> F

There has to be some kind of file that says what happens when u use that feat, that one refers to the file i want to change.

The master power attack color is the same for all melee/saber weapons, so i was thinking we could find that one file,

i could make the hue and saturation different and then... well then i wo0uld need help making it an actual mod as i said.

I think i just found something, :(

it isnt good.

Seems like the master power attack light-thingy is a 3d model and not some sort of skin that you cant alter the color of:(

So now i dont know if photoshop can change anything thats 3D.

:( Another failure by yours truly, damnit!!:mad:

Archived