Home

Canon

nas77

Originally posted by Moonie

Sure F the canon... but you understand why there is a canon... don't you.

Your Revan and exile can be whoever you want, but if they're ever referred to in another media (different game, book, comic) they'll have been light side males.

but they *could* be referred to in such a legendary sense... such as a Kaiser Soze (Usual Suspects) sense, that no one really knows the true story, and those who do don't tell the truth... they simply allow the legend to build, enjoying the fact that they were there, they know what happened...

I really don't care...

And I hate the Expanded Universe anyway..

Lucas gave too much freedom to every wannabe writter out there, so you now have novels according to which Luke Skaywalker and Vader fought like a zillion times on different planets and all... HUMBUG...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

But you know, when the Yuuzhan Vong got created, I think people found a reason to start bashing EU at every turn ;)

Could it be, because the Yuuzhan Vong fit the Star Wars universe like: the smurfs in the Excalibur legend or like having Frodo using a cellular phone to keep in touch with the Fellowship or like having James Bond falling in love with the bad-guy or like Moses picking up a machine-gun from his backpack mowing down the evil egyptians or like changing Vader's line on Cloud City to: "Luke I am your sister!" or like... well I could go on but I think you get the picture.

Originally posted by PhantomShark

but they *could* be referred to in such a legendary sense... such as a Kaiser Soze (Usual Suspects) sense, that no one really knows the true story, and those who do don't tell the truth... they simply allow the legend to build, enjoying the fact that they were there, they know what happened...

It could, yes. But as has been said, largely second rate writers make up the EU authorship. Do you really think some of those goobers could pull that off?

Originally posted by Moonie

It could, yes. But as has been said, largely second rate writers make up the EU authorship. Do you really think some of those goobers could pull that off?

well... i don;t actually read the EU... or fiction in general for that matter, since the majority of work out there is crap.

but to answer your question, i suppose not. perhaps in that case it would be better to keep it 'simply stupid'...

Archived