Home

The Force VS Martial Arts

THE MANDALORE

In KOTOR 1, I never used unarmed fighting since it would never do any damage. Instead, I would rely on the force and my lightsaber.

However, in TSL, I am almost completely dependent on unarmed fighting. On my third time playing the game, I went through the game unarmed and used a lightsaber only for my battles with sith lords and jedi masters.

My question is that do you prefer martial arts (unarmed fighting) or the more traditional Force Powers? Which one is more convienient?

I never use unarmed combat unless I have to. I always pick at least one melee weapon. Too bad the swords look Asian and not like European medieval swords, but I'll go for my saber as soon as possible anyway, so it doesn't matter that much. For Force Jump you'll need a saber in your hand, and that's one of my fav feats.

Personally, I prefer use melee weapons (As light-sabers or vibro-blades, etc...) more than Force powers, simply because you could take the practice to use the Force on a majority of your enemies - strong or not -. But, you could also meet adversaries which are immunized against your powers. So, you would be beaten by them, without you would be able to defend yourselves effectively...

Strange thoughts, isn't it ?... :D

The Jedi hand-combat techniques is that of the Ancient Teras Kasi.

this is used only when the lightsaber is unavailable for use.

-----------------------------------

i follow that code until i get the chance to build a lightsaber. Swords suck and so do guns lol.

There are some gloves that adds damage when you're fighting unarmed. Those are pretty good but the only real capable unarmed fighter is the Handmaiden(Echani Strike).

Other then her, I find it better to use upgraded vibroblades or a lightsaber.

As for the swords looking asian and not european, I would personally find them weird if they weren't asian style. European swords do not seem to "fit" with Star Wars.

Just so you know, I too prefer the look of a European sword.

Archived