Home

What is a Holocron?

While reading the databanks at Starwars.com, I came across an article about Palpatine stating:

"No one is quite sure how Palpatine was first introduced to the power of the dark side. He is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him."

My question is: What is a holocron and can it give you the power to wield the force?

Does anyone know the answer?

The story is about Anakin, not Palpatine. A back-story of Palpatine would take too much time from the prescious screen-time that Mr L is so obsessed with...

...and in any case. Mr L doesn't want backstories he wants ACTION! Just listen to the commentary tracks on the dvd-s (GL: "Initially this was a dialogue, but we hadn't had an action scene in 3 minutes so i rewrote this into an actionscene"). And I just can't see Palpatine running and jumping and wielding some badass lightsaber, á la Obi-Wan.

So I think it is a sure bet that the only explanation we'll ever get of Palpatine is from the EU.

Archived