Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

Current Build: 0.7b25

Build Plan

0.7b1 - All "essential" content implemented. All Block, Crash and Major severity issues resolved.

0.8b1 - All Minor severity issues resolved.

0.9b1 - All Tweak severity issues resolved. Translators brought aboard.

1.0b1 - All Trivial severity issues resolved. Multiple languages all building successfully.

1.0c1 - All Text severity issues resolved.

Note that this DOES NOT mean that these will be the next 5 builds. Builds will happen on a weekly basis. A build which meets the criteria for the next version above will be given that build designation. If it does not, only the build number will increase. For example, if the build following 0.7b1 does not meet 0.8b1 criteria, it will be 0.7b2.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't say which release they are targetting for public release. ie. Will they wait until 1.0c1 when everything is fixed or 1.0b1 when they still have some text issues, etc.

Current Build: 0.7b25

Build Plan

0.7b1 - All "essential" content implemented. All Block, Crash and Major severity issues resolved.

0.8b1 - All Minor severity issues resolved.

0.9b1 - All Tweak severity issues resolved. Translators brought aboard.

1.0b1 - All Trivial severity issues resolved. Multiple languages all building successfully.

1.0c1 - All Text severity issues resolved.

Note that this DOES NOT mean that these will be the next 5 builds. Builds will happen on a weekly basis. A build which meets the criteria for the next version above will be given that build designation. If it does not, only the build number will increase. For example, if the build following 0.7b1 does not meet 0.8b1 criteria, it will be 0.7b2.

What does it mean "not many mods are being used"? Are you simply referring to the fact that not many fan-made mods are being incorporated into the Restoration Project, or does it mean that not a lot of the mods that make up the Restoration Project will be mods to be put into the override older? (I think someone told me once that very little of it will rely upon the override folder.) If it's the latter, then this is great news because it'll be less likely to conflict with other mods.
Think about this. Why would one of my mods be apart of this project? From what I see, not many fan made mods (meaning from somone like me) are being used while testing out the TSLRP. While testing the TSLRP, it seems to me it's almost mod free because it's not being built around fan made mods. We're going to have to make our mods build around the TSLRP from what I understand.

One mod is easy to notice that is seen in the videos and screenshots displayed multiple times of the TSLRP is Svosh's collar fix for the Jedi robes, which in this case is a fan made mod that has nothing to do with the TSLRP, but is being used while testing the TSLRP, but has nothing to do with it. Hopefully I've made this clear. ;)

Anyway, one of my mods can be noticed in the video released on Christmas and it made me smile to see it being used while the TSLRP team is testing out their project. :D

which mod of yours is being used?

i noticed the collar fix, but with all the other stuff being added, i just can't tell

Actually I think I'll make a game of it. Who can figure it out. PM me the answer so we don't clog up space here. I will give a hint that it can be noticed more than once. :D

(I think someone told me once that very little of it will rely upon the override folder.) If it's the latter, then this is great news because it'll be less likely to conflict with other mods.

It would be just as likely to conflict with other mods if the files aren't put in the override folder, just more difficult to initially detect. If some other mod puts a file in the override folder that the Restoration Project mod has modified the RP changes would be lost.

Mod conflicts are unfortunately almost impossible to eliminate with the KOTOR games due to how the game manages its resources, other than on a case by case basis. A lot of other mods already released will have to be updated to work with the RP mod without causing trouble.

As for the latest update I didn't get any sound at first when I viewed the clip on the RP progress page, so I just saw the spinning HK droid which seemed like an odd progress report. Much more interesting when I saw the version with sound on YouTube directly. :)

• 1 month later...

Tracking 815 known issues

Severity: Open: Resolved:

Block -- 0 -- 2

Crash -- 0 -- 6

Major -- 0 -- 62

Minor -- 3 -- 217

Tweak -- 12 -- 111

Text -- 0 -- 129

Trivial -- 5 -- 174

Feature -- 18 -- 76

---------------------

Totals -- 38 -- 777

They are getting closer! :)

Don't forget they will also have to deal with incorporating other languages after this, so we are probally looking at another 6 to 12 months. Hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...

Since their arrival to these forums, I have been harping on their backs. When you are dealing with a project like TSL Restoration Team, you cannot help but feel the anticipation build up. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to convert everything from english to another language? Are we looking at another year or two? Will they convert to one other language, or will they just convert over to one?

Well.... I'm doing the Yavin 4 Polish translation mod with -DK- and with only me editing the files and changing the text, the whole thing should in full have taken about 2 weeks, and thats only 10 modules, and in tslrp there are over 80m modules in the game which i think they have worked on, so, umm, it could take up to, depending on how many translators they have, around half a year, maayybeee.

Well.... I'm doing the Yavin 4 Polish translation mod with -DK- and with only me editing the files and changing the text, the whole thing should in full have taken about 2 weeks, and thats only 10 modules, and in tslrp there are over 80m modules in the game which i think they have worked on, so, umm, it could take up to, depending on how many translators they have, around half a year, maayybeee.
Only a couple of lines are going to be translated:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=38600&st=1080&p=775054&&do=findComment&comment=775054

Since their arrival to these forums, I have been harping on their backs. When you are dealing with a project like TSL Restoration Team, you cannot help but feel the anticipation build up. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to convert everything from english to another language? Are we looking at another year or two? Will they convert to one other language, or will they just convert over to one?

The mod will be available in all the languages the game was. English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?t=2423

They have translation teams for each language.

and it went down from 37 to 27 in one day :D what a nice day :lol:. I want to know if they are going to be 0.8b1 one day... it's only 1 minor bug left...

Yeah... "HK Factory - A Mixup of dialog placement". But it's been sitting there since the end of november, as far as I can tell.

Team Gizka seems more determined than ever to jump from 0.7bXX to 1.0c1 if I were to venture a guess...

Archived