Home

TSL Restoration Project: website up!

Yeah, I know it's possible, but way more trouble than it's worth. Simpler to buy the PC version. I would be the guy who was there to pick up his modded XBox on the same day as the raid.

Ohhh don't get me wrong I prefer the PC version as I mod them.

I was merely just stating that it is possible to mod the Xbox version ;)

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we'll be able to download the public release of TSLRP by the end of the year holiday season.

I wonder if Team Gizka has any plans to make the TSLRP (when it's done) available for download on any other websites besides team-gizka.org? E.g. LucasFiles and/or knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com

nothing more than just looking for bugs and fixing them

That is not true. There's still some cut-content that need to be restored. Check this page to know what's already restored and what not. Telos, Dxun, Korriban, the Ravager and Malachor are already completely restored. The post is being updated by Dashus when there have been new things implemented in the most recent build.

Not to be a party pooper here, but could people please refrain from posting announcements regarding fluctuations in the bug counter value (unless it reaches zero)? I'm sure most people who are awaiting this mod with bated breath are capable of perusing the page with the bug counter on their own. :drama:

Not to be a party pooper here, but could people please refrain from posting announcements regarding fluctuations in the bug counter value (unless it reaches zero)? I'm sure most people who are awaiting this mod with bated breath are capable of perusing the page with the bug counter on their own. :drama:

Indeed, I know I check the progress report at least 5 times a day. I'm slightly neurotic :xp: I just hope it doesn't become a cycle, with the bug count going low, then Team Gizka finds more bugs along the way. But it's definitely all for the best.

I noticed on the progress reports page that they plan to release when all translations are done, all content is implemented, and all non-feature issues are resolved. That makes me wonder, is Team Gizka going to release the mod, then an update for when all the feature issues are fixed?

After TG releases the mod, they'll stick around a bit longer to fix the bugs that slipped through, and maybe the feature-issues. But features aren't actually bugs, so maybe they won't resolve them in the end.

So what are feature issues supposed to be then? Just stuff to make the game more fun or easier to play? Because from what I can see those are the big factor in the bug count. They take up over half of the remaining bugs!

So what are feature issues supposed to be then? Just stuff to make the game more fun or easier to play? Because from what I can see those are the big factor in the bug count. They take up over half of the remaining bugs!

Yeah, I was always wondering what feature issues were supposed to be as well, especially, as SithRevan says, they take up half the bugs.

About the question why not all features will be fixed:

I am also confused by your stance on feature bugs......how do you determine what features to put in and what not to work on? If you are not able to implement all the features for release will you release an update later containing them?

It's arbitrary. Any left over features might be added in an update but there's little chance of many of them being added in a patch to be honest, as we'd primarily focus on fixing bugs.

@SithRevan: Dashus gave a definition for all sorts of bugs:

-Feature: If you think something needs to be more nifty.

-Trivial: Nitpick. Doesn't affect gameplay in ANY WAY.

-Text: Somebody can't spell properly or the audio doesn't match the subtitles.

-Tweak: Camera is off kilter.

-Minor: Console doesn't do something when asked, character facing the wrong way in a dialog.

-Major: Console fails to work at all, transition fails, conversation is seriously bugged.

-Crash: Screen stays black, program exits, program quits to menu.

-Block: Blocks access to a previously logged (still-open) bug.

They are just guidelines. We've been known to change the severity of a single issue more than once just because it's kind of hard to categorize.

About the question why not all features will be fixed:

@SithRevan: Dashus gave a definition for all sorts of bugs:

Ahhh that explains it, thanks Miltiades.:D

Also, if "Feature" bugs are just something to make the game a bit better will Team-Gizka maybe overlook those when the other bugs are completed?

Do you mean, will they release the mod if all bugs except for the features are all fixed? I can't say, because some features bugs are more important than others. The Rebalancing Sion feature is something that is probably needed to keep the game playable, as otherwise it'll be too difficult to defeat Sion with Atton.

Do you mean, will they release the mod if all bugs except for the features are all fixed? I can't say, because some features bugs are more important than others. The Rebalancing Sion feature is something that is probably needed to keep the game playable, as otherwise it'll be too difficult to defeat Sion with Atton.

True, well I guess we'll just have to wait and see.:D

Is this project still going? you would think that 2 years is enough... I've seen this before with major mods of other games - the project takes very long and when you ask it they say the project is still going, but after a while they just disapear.

1.0c1 - All non-Feature severity issues resolved. (Public release)

Hope this helps...

where did you get this from?

I want to wish 'Team-Gizka' good luck on this project. Over the past two years, I have been a pain to your cause. I wouldn't have been such a harsh critic if I didn't admire on some type of level what you are doing. I cannot say 'you did a great job', for you guys haven't released anything yet. I'm sure this project is due out at any moment, and I hope you will all be proud of what has been accomplished. Since you are not game developers professionally, I can understand why it is taking so long. If you worked in the buisness, and were making some serious cash, you people would have been done by now. When planning a project like this one, life has a tendancy in getting in the way. College, homework, jobs, children, etc... What must be the most frustrating is coming to a point in development, which you can see the end but more roadblocks get in the way. At one point you are traveling down a well paved road, and then you hit a mile stretch of construction. Grrr... Dealing with game bugs that were cause by your own mod is frustrating. If you are working on a large project like this, you end up fixing three only to find another five. Eventually you will be finished with this mod, and I hope you will all appreciate how much support you have from this community. We all are watching with hopes that this project is a success, and that you - yourselves feel that it is meeting expectations.

Good Luck to You All,

The Source (MacCorp.)

Hey Miltiades, what's up with their site? All I get @ http://www.team-gizka.org is a white screen that says "It Works!" and there is nothing on the forum pages or on mantis, even ones in my history. What happened?

edited once for grammar, after I edited my post to include mantis being down.

edit:now i can get to the site, but i don't see any bug counter on the progresss reports page. and the forums are still down.

Final Edit: Killerbob must have noticed my frantic and repeated efforts to get on the forums. This message is now posted: "Hi... KillerBob here. The forums have not been removed. Just had a slight server malfunction, and am in the process of getting the servers back up and running. Thanks for your patience."

Archived