Home

Alternate Star Wars Universe: Maintenance Thread

This thread is for information on the ongoing serese: Alternate Star Wars Universe, which is soon to commence.

In here you will find all the info you need to create a character and all the rules on how to play.

*Note*

Do not RP in this thread, this is not for RPing this is a resource/maintenance thread.

First off just a description of what I hope to do with this seriese.

============================================

Alternate Star Wars Universe, is a complete remake of the Star Wars Galaxy. Begining at the form of the first Galactic Republic and Jedi Order, some 25,000 years before the Battle of Yevon.

The main plot of the serese will follow along the basic timeline of Star Wars, and every player will have the opportunity to influence the progression of this plot. However, participating in the main plot is not even neccessary, it will go on no matter what you do. Every player can do whatever he wants with his own sub-plots which may slip in and out of influence with the main plot or be completely seperate. Even after the Main plot has ended, sub-plots may continue out to their completion or be carried over into the next story.

You control one character, created from scratch and seeking a role in the galaxy. Earn points to upgrade your character by training and completing tasks. When that character dies, begin anew with a completely unique new character and choose a different path to explore.

Become a Jedi Master by training from a padwan and completing the Jedi trials, take on a padwan of your own and teach him the ways of the force.

Join the military of any number of worlds, or the Republic, and train to become a top General gaining many victories in combat and become a renown figure in history.

Part from the teaching's of the Jedi and choose a darker path, discover the Sith and learn what power the Dark side wields. Slaughter entire worlds leaving them barren wastelands in you're wake. Hunt down the Jedi until they are completely extinct and the Sith Rule the Galaxy unupossed.

Desert the military on some foreign battlefield and become a mercinary, bounty hunter, or assassin, take on jobs to kill whoever has the most money on their head and become the most feared killer for hire in the galaxy until the utter of your name brings more fear than the mention of a Dark Sith Lord.

Glory or Demise will be your path as you influence the galaxy in whatever way you want, a galaxy that carries on with or without you.

It's like a game, but one that has no limits exept the immagination. Don't worry about lacking writing skills, there is no writing required. Simply actions, speach, and thought. Leave the writing to me.

If you're a padwan I will control you're master, and teach you in the force. You may have a master who teaches you wisely, but you may not agree with him, or you may want to explore the dark side, but be mindful of you're feelings for he can feel them too. Or maybe your master will be a more reckless one, veering to the dark side and bringing you with him. Maybe you will see his errors and abandon his dark ways turning instead to the true path of light. Whatever befalls you you can not control anything except your own actions and the choices you make.

If you're a soldier you may have to go to war and face the horrors of battle where you will become scarred and suffer trauma or severe injury. Perhaps you will become a feirce warrior and lead battalions of your own some day. Or maybe you will desert, become a traitor roaming the galaxy in search of your own desteny.

I will provide a rich environment for you to interact with, you will play the only role you can, your own.

That's alot for now, gimmie some feedback peeps. I'm still working on tecknical things like the points and attributes and stuff. I want to know what you think, and what you want. So please give me feedback.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some FYI's that you might enjoy and appreciate. :)

If this is taking place 25,000 years into the past - there are no lightsabers. Lightsabers were first mentioned around 15,000 BBY and they were said to be slow, heavy and clumsy like a claymore.

Maybe you should start it 1,000 years later? 24,000 years BBY? The reason for this would be that the Sith didn't exist 25,000 years before. Not the kind of Sith you are thinking of anyway. Just the insect race. It was a unified order then. The great fissure took place at about 24,500, so starting it at 24,000 would give the Sith some time to set up.

Blasters aren't very effective yet. Plasma and projectile weapons are still in use around the galaxy. Blasters exist, but you can think of them like early gunpowder weapons on earth.

The weapons of a Jedi are of course the Force, and supposedly swords which are endowed with the Force. Sith have energize there own with there hatred.

Also, a note on the Dark Side. :) The Dark Side isn't a living entity - neither is the Force. The Dark Side is a very personal thing within each person. It represents there lust, hatred, greed, and violent natures. The light side is the same, but it represents that persons good nature.

The Force is a system of living (though like bacteria) energy that courses throughout the galaxy. No one knows what exactly it is at this point though, so yes, you'll see superstition about the nature of the Dark Side and about the Force. It can be bent towards good or evil however. And it will provide insight to skilled users of it.

Warp Drive in that era was far slower. Ships didn’t bristle with the hundreds of laser canons they did in the later era. War was mostly about boarding the enemy ship rather than just blowing it up. Ground battles were more troop driven, but they did have some fairly powerful battle droids to do them justice. And they did have some battle tanks. None of the huge walkers however.

Xim the Despot was defeated by the Hutts, the dominant force in the galaxy before the Republic, and the slug aliens still present a threat to the Republic. That’s all I can think of right now. Sorry if my post annoyed you with my rambling, but I thought you might like to know some of this stuff.

Hiroki, I acctually already knew all that, but thanks. Yes this will be taking place when hyperdrives are first invented and everything is low tech. There are no lightsabers yet and no Sith.

I was refering to the futur in my comments about lightsaber's and Sith.

Your post didn't anoy me with ramblings, I appreciate your expression of interest.

Jokemaster, Yes characters will die of old age, you simply make new characters but only play one at a time. Yes you can take on Padwans whe you're a Jedi Knight.

There will be some fastforwarding done in between stories but sub-plots can still continue or take place in between stories.

All right, one last question, just to make sure I understand the main idea. Basically the main plot is going to be like the official Star Wars history, but our characters can shape it. Like maybe the Mandalorians won the war, maybe someone stopped the empire from obliberating the jedi, etc.

Jokemaster, you are correct. But it goes even further than that, I may put new events in there or players may start whole new huge wars. Anything can happen.

Well, if there are too many players and I can't keep up with the story I'll ask for help if there's anyone else willing who's a good writer. And I won't be starting it until my other stories have finished, and I won't be joining new stories.

I'll post if I'm going away or something so that everyone doesn't get stuck.

okay well I'll post the character profile.

==================

*Character Profile*

==================

Player:

Name:

Race:

Homeworld:

Personality

Character Traits:

Character Flaws:

Dislikes:

Statistics

Looks:

Inteligence:

Wisdom:

Strength:

Speed:

Charisma:

Force Sensativity:

===================

I'll edit this as I go.

How it would work so far is you fill out the regular information for your name, age, gender, etc... but for your personality you have to list at least six under each catagory they can be anything you can think of. Statistics will be you're given points to dish out between them. The higher your Force Sensativity the more potential you have in the force. If you're Force Sensativity is low then you may never be able to move objects with the force or suffer other lacking abuilities. The higher it is the more powerful you can become.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the character profile, and what you think of what's already there.

BTW don't make any characters now.

I'm sure everyone can think of 6 things for each catagory. All I'm doing is making sure this isn't going to become a cheap little pointless waste of time that dies in two weeks. I'm a very serious person, so I want the players to make some commitment to the story and work a bit. I'm going to push and make everyone else push because the human body and mind have incredible capabuilities and I won't let that go to waste or be cheapened.

lol, maybe that's a bit deep for here but anyway. If you have difficulty thinking of six things you can enter a couple less and maybe think of things to add later. I would like people to think of even more than six things though, six is the minimum, but I am not going to be a tight arse about it, I'm a reasonable guy and if six is too dificult for some people I'll help them out any way they need. Maybe give them some suggestions to choose from or something.

Alright, the next thing to discuss is training and ways to gain and improve your skills and abuilities.

=========

*Training*

=========

Training is a good way to earn skills and abuilities. Training may be done at any time, before, after, in between, or during the main story. When you first create a character he can do training right away and come into the first story with training which will give him skills and abuilities. Repeating the same training again is the fastes way to improve the same skills and abuilities, doing only the begining of training in multiple fields will not be as rewarding as doing more advanced training in the same feild. Training however takes time, but the process can be fast forwarded by doing at fast forward points in the story.

For example at the begining of the story you can start in the military with Level one military training. At that time you may choose to leave or stay in the military, continuing or abandoning your training. If you stay you will be in the military through the story, but you may leave at any time. You will only gain your next level in military training if you stay until it's complete, there are no half levels. Every fast forward point that you remain in training gains you another level. Some times more than one fast forward point may take place in a row.

Sometimes I may make a thread based solely on Sub-plots, with no main plot if there are many sub-plots taking place in between fast forward points that have no main plot.

To make scanning threads for your plot or sub-plot every post has the title of the plot or sub-plot in between a row of = signs.

============

*Title: Example*

============

If there are any questions about training please ask me. Any suggestions or helpful critizism are welcome.

Okay, Mandy........you're probably starting to scare the others. I'm not scared, I've been posting in this forum almost every day for three years. Except when I go on vacation, have surgery, or during final exam crunch time.

Couple of questions:

1. How will you decide what type of master each guy that becomes jedi gets? Will it be random, will you decide according to the profile or what? If you want to keep it secret, feel free, I'm just wondering.

2. Will you include specialization training? Like maybe once you become a soldier you can become a sniper, etc.

3. How will you handle piloting? Will there be seperate training for that, or will it just be a part of all training, since jedi and soldiers are probably trained to fly

4. Will there be any side-skills, and how will these be handled? Stuff like negotiating, Hacking, etc.

Jokemaster,

1: I will sometimes randomly come up with a master for players but usually make them compatible to the player's character's personality. In fact we may make a short back ground story to how they became padwan of that jedi. I will make up the personality of the Jedi Master training the padwan (or when you become a master and want a padwan I'll make up a padwan for you) and what they teach you about the force. You may get a slightly darker master who leans towards the dark side, or you may get a very wise master who completely understands the force, you may get a foolish or stupid master who misteaches you. Just as life seems random yet guided.

2: Yes I will include specialized training.

3: Piloting will be seperate training, regular soldiers are not trained to fly, neither are most jedi. Jedi have trained Republic pilots fly them on missions in Jedi starships. (Remember in ep.1 when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were flown in by pilots on a Jedi Starship?) Jedi may learn to fly on their own or even take a corse provided by the Jedi on how to fly, and fly their own Jedi Starfighters. (like Obi-Wan in ep.2)

4: Things like Negotiating and Hacking are not going to be as common as they are in most stories. Simply because in acctual life Negotiating and Hacking are not that common. But you may still learn them in more advanced training like special forces or Republic investigators or from underground syndicates or whatever. If you want to learn to hack or Negotiate, I'll provide you with a scenario that enables that. Whatever you want to do request a sub-plot and it will be done. Like I said, no one has to participate in the main story, everyone can be on sub-plots or side quests and make an appearence in the main plot whenever they want or even never.

The thing is though that I want to do so much but I only have so much time and two hands. If it becomes too much I'll ask for help.

while all this is being discussed, when everything is pretty much nailed down I'll post it in a more organised manner for new people joining to be more able to find and read all they need without filtering through everything.

For now here's an updated character sheet.

================

*Character Sheet*

================

Identity

Name:

Race:

Homeworld:

Personality

Character Traits:

Character Flaws:

Dislikes:

Stats

Looks:

Intelligence:

Wisdom:

Strength:

Speed:

Charisma:

Fortitude:

Dexterity:

Willpower:

Force Sensativity:

Skills

Weapons:

Fighting Styles:

Vehicular:

Force:

Diplomatic:

Other:

Training

================

I decided not to do a point system with the stats where everyone is given a number of points to put into their stats. Rather everyone chooses a 1-5 setting for each stat however the want. I just ask that you be fair, no one is perfect so I don't want to see a character sheet with 5 on everything.

on a scale of 1-5: 1/5

Looks: ugly/attractive

Intelligence: stupid/smart

Wisdom: foolish/wise

Strength: weak/strong

Speed: slow/fast

Charisma: crass/charming

Fortitude: weak/enduring

Dexterity: clumsy/skillful

Willpower: weak/determined

Force Sensativity: inept/sensative

for skills, list every skill you have in the proper catagory from highest points to lowest, there is no level cap on skills. Example:

Weapons: sword(5), hand to hand(5), blaster pistol(3), mines(2), grenade(2)

Fighting Styles: Deth'lou(sword)(2), Chow Ish'ko(hand to hand)(2)

Vehicular: Speeder(2), Star Ship(1)

Force: History(6), Knowledge(4), Light(4), Push(2), Pull(2), Speed(1), Stun(1)

Diplomatic: Etiquette(6), communication(5), Negotiation(5), Political Science(4), Planetary Laws(3), alien language(3), Debate(3), perswation(3)

Other: repair(4), comm(4), physical phitness(3), computer(3), star mapping(2)

Skills can get pretty big so I may make new catagories to make it easier to separate them.

training is the last thing I will discuss in this post.

you start with no training, the area beneath the line is blank. When you train you earn things to put there.

List any training, where it was gained, what it trained, and what level it is. Here is an example:

Training

Republic Army - LV.1 Infantry: physical phitness(3), blaster rifle(2), hand to hand(2), military procedures(2), military tactics(2), knife(1), sword(1), blaster pistol(1), grenade(1).

========

*Rules*

========

1. No Godmoding

2. No Controlling other characters

3. You may only have one character at a time

4. Try and post every day

5. Edit and Maintain your Character Sheet

6. RP within the limits of your character's stats

7. Your character can and will die

8. You can kill other characters

9. I must aprove of all deaths

10. Request plots do not just make them

11. Post a character sheet before playing

12. Only OOC in this thread unless it's directy related to the current situation in the story.

to elaborate on some of these rules,

Every time you gain stats or learn new skills, or gain more training, edit your character sheet and put it in.

Don't jump a huge cliff if your force jump is level 1. Don't convince a guard to let you pass if you're perswation is 1. Don't defeate a Sith lord if you're a padwan with 2 force sensativity and don't even have a master yet.

For most basic things go ahead and complete the task, if you know you have high enough skills go ahead and post the action that you know I'd aprove of. But if your not sure if level 4 force push is enough to move a huge bolder, ask. Otherwise you'll be editing your post if you know what I mean.

There will be a main plot but everyone should be in sub plots for whatever their character is doing. They will slip in and out of the main plot. Whatever you want to do in your sub plot, let me know in this thread. I will create the sub plot and scenario for you to perform in, I'll create a Jedi Master for you, or your Sergant in the Republic Army. I'll create the war to fight in or the quest to go on.

Always put the title of your plot or sub plot within lines of =.

=======

*plot*

=======

So that it's easy to see and find the plot you're in.

I'm ready to begin soon.

BTW if anyone knows a good resource on Star Wars planets please share. I need to know as much as I can about as many planets as I can. Things like the climate, events in that planet's history, alein races, culture. Otherwise I'll have to make everything up and might find out later it's different and it'll kind of going to be too late. Please send me some resources if you have them.

================

*Getting Started*

================

The Alternate Star Wars Universe is a re-creation of the Star Wars Galaxy. From 25,000 years before the battle of Yevon I hope to span the entire Star Wars History and continue into the Future indefinetly. For now, let's just take it one step at a time.

To Join all you need to do is fill out a character sheet, and request a plot. Read as much of this thread as you can but don't feel obliged to read it all now or anything.

Let's go over some things again,

How to play?

You control one character, earning stats and training, and do whatever you want. So far I am the only GM and writer. I will create a main plot centered around the main events of Star Wars and write sub-plots for each character in the story. You just do whatever you want.

You earn training by joining an organization such as the Jedi Order or Republic Military, during plots and at fast forward points you can level up your training to earn and improve skills. Remember to edit your character sheet every time you gain new skills and training.

To make a Plot give it a title,

=====================

*Type of Plot: Title of Plot*

=====================

Include what type of plot it is, Character or Sub-. Every character you make needs a Character Plot, Sub-Plots are extra plots you'd like to make.

Then write a paragraph about the plot that anwers these questions:

What will happen in the plot?

what is my(the player) role in the plot?

who will be directly invovled in the plot?

Who will be affected by the plot?

what other characters may be involved or affected by the plot?

============

It can be anything from Jedi training at the Temple, or an investigation mission, a bounty on someones head, a small event on some distant planet, anything you want, it does not have to be related to the main plot.

I will post the main plot tomorow and then you guys can start submiting character sheets and plots.

That link doesn't seem to work.

But I don't just want a map of the galaxy or anything. I can always google search for that stuff. I need information on individual planets. And not just the planets from the movies and games and stuff, that stuffs easy to get. Anyone can find plenty of information on Corosant easily. But there are thousands of planets in the star wars galaxy, I need information on as many as I can.

Well I am going to have to make up planets and make up aliens and all and other players may make up aliens and planets too but let's not go there at least for this first story.

Thanks Redwing, that's exactly what I was looking for.

wikipedia is the site I use the most, if you search for Dates in Star Wars, and it is case sensative, it shows a complete star wars timeline with thorough details on many events, characters, and places. Though I find their planet database to be weak.

I'm also going to edit the info on plots, check that out in 10-15 minutes.

Okay here's the main plot:

==============================

*Central Plot: Dark Side of the Force*

==============================

This plot centers around a young Jedi Padwan named Derrik Nuwest. Eager in becoming a great warrior he persuis his training with dedicated passion. His remarkable talents make him one of the most promissing young Jedi in the Order. Derrik Nuwest is the first Jedi to fall to the Dark side of the force, in a time before the Dark side is known, he is the first.

25,500 BBY, Hyperdrives, the Galactic Republic, and the Jedi Order came to being five hundred years ago. Lightsabers do not exist, blasters are clumsy weapons, and hyperdrives are slow. The galaxy is mostly peaceful with some small wars on distant planets. The galaxy is largely unexplored. Ther Dark side of the force is not yet known.

The plot will mostly affect Jedi who may become Dark Jedi. It will mostly happen on Corrosant but also on some other, more likely remote, planets. Players may be involved in the discovery of the Dark side, they may follow Derrik Newest to the Dark side or oppose him and stand up for what is right. Republic soldiers won't have much if any role, mercinaries may have a very small role, distant worlders may have a small role.

My role as GM (game manager) will be Derrik Newest's discovery of the Dark side of the Force, sharing it with other Jedi.

This plot will set the stage for the first Jedi Civil war between light and dark Jedi.

=============================

You do not have to be so elaborate in making your personal sub plots.

Players may post their character sheets and Character Plots now. Remember to check the update for creating plots in the above post concerning the matter.

As an exampe, I will post the character sheet and plot of Derrik Newest.

================

*Character Sheet*

================

Player: Mandalorian54

Name: Derrik Newest

Race: Human

Homeworld: Metellos (core world)

Personality

Character Traits: Handsom, Very intelligent, Strong, Speedy, Charming

Character Flaws: Impatient, Rash, Agressive

Dislikes: slow learning proccesses, weakness, ugly looks

Statistics

Looks: 4

Inteligence: 5

Wisdom: 3

Strength: 4

Speed: 5

Charisma: 5

Fortitude: 5

Dexterity: 5

Willpower: 5

Force Sensativity: 5

Skills

Weapons: Sword(3), Blaster(2), Hand to Hand(2)

Fighting Styles: Lungthyme fighting style(sword)(1)

Vehicular: Speeder(2)

Force: Knowledge of the Force(4), Crafting(3), Senses(3), Reflexes(3), Combat Prowess(3), Force Defense(1), Force Enhancement(1), Force Healing(1), Force Power(1),

Diplomatic: Politics(1),

Other: Jedi History(1),

Training

-Jedi Order - Force Sensative Lv.1: Jedi History(1), Knowledge of the Force(1)

-Jedi Order - Jedi Initiate Lv.2: Knowledge of the Force(1), Crafting(1), Senses(1), Reflexes(1), Combat Prowess(1), Sword(1), Blaster Pistol(1), Hand to Hand(1)

-Jedi Order - Jedi Padwan Lv.3: Knowledge of the Force(2), Crafting(2), Senses(2), Reflexes(2), Combat Prowess(2), Force Defense(1), Force Enhancement(1), Force Healing(1), Force Power(1), Politics(1), Sword(2), Blaster Pistol(1), Hand to Hand(1), Lungthyme fighting style(sword)(1)

-Jedi Order - Speeder Pilot Lv.1: Speeder(2)

==========================

Lungthyme fighting style is the basic fighting style used by the Jedi Order for sword fighting. Created by the Jedi Master Kellis Lungthyme. (I made it up, it is not an acctual fighting style.)

===============================

*Character Plot: Dark Quest for Power*

Derrik Newest will be training as a Jedi, he will discover the Dark side of the force and be unallowed to continue his Jedi training. He will gather friends and followers and begin teaching them the Dark side of the Force. The Jedi council will forbit the study of the Dark side of the Force.

Derrik's role is to be the first Jedi to turn to the Dark side.

Derrik, his Master, and his friends are the first to be involved in the plot. Later other Jedi, mostly younger Jedi, will become involved. Most Jedi will be affected by the plot. Some mercinaries and distant worlders may be involved later. Some untrained in the Force who were not recognized by the Jedi Order may train under Derrik and his followers.

================================

You don't make up your own training and skills, your stats can be whatever you want from 1-5.

Request whatever training you want and I'll write it for you to copy and edit into your profile.

If you want to be a Jedi Padwan you may completely copy the same stats and training as Derrik.

Speeder Pilot training is optional, but it is available to all training Jedi 18 years old and up.

Oops, I forgot to add Fortitude, Dexterity, and Will, in Derrik's profile. Well I added them. They arn't in the first character sheet they're only in the second one, make sure you use the second sheet.

Question: During training he will recieve the force powers and sword weapon training right?

2. How will the levels be applied, i.e. what would be the difference between having a Lvl 1 starship training and a lvl 10?

3. My character begins recently arrived at the academy, so he doesn't have the powers stats

Player: Jokemaster

Name: Weiss Dixon

Race: Human

Homeworld: Correllia

Personality

Character Traits: Witty, Desicive, Likable, Strong, Brave, Loyal

Character Flaws: Curious, Stubborn, Impatient, Holds grudges, Traumatized, severe emotiaonal problems

Dislikes: slow proccesses, long trips in hyperspace, getting in trouble, having nothing to do

Statistics

Looks: 4

Inteligence: 5

Wisdom: 4

Strength: 4

Speed: 4

Charisma: 5

Fortitude: 5

Dexterity: 5

Willpower: 5

Force Sensativity: 5

Skills

Weapons: Blaster Pistol(1), Hand to Hand(3)

Vehicular: Speeder Bike (2)

Other: Picklocking (2)

Training

Swoop Bike (2)

-------

*Character Plot: Masters and Friends*

Weiss Dixon arrives at the academy for training, having lived most of his life on Corellia, where he had learned to drive speeder bikes and lived mostly as a thief after his parents' death and him being conned out of his inheritance by one of his father's business partners. He was found by a jedi after seven years of living on his own when he tried stealing his lightsaber. He agreed to training and arrived at the academy.

He will be assigned a master, meet Derrik and become friends, but remain at the academy when he is kicked out (yes, I'm leaving it open so maybe Derrik will tempt him later in the story) and finishes his training.

================================

Archived