Home

kotor character build

jdbrose

for the first kotor im planning on being a soldier/gaurdian and im just wondering which attributes would make for a more fun and better gameplay experience.

first of all im planning on going towards the light side of the force. anywho i cant decide which set of attributes to choose:

strength - 18

dexterity - 14

constitution - 10

intelligence - 8

wisdom - 12

charisma - 10

or these attributes:

strength - 17

dexterity - 14

constitution - 10

intelligence - 8

wisdom - 14

charisma - 10

with an extra point in constution, intelligence, or charisma

to be honest i like the first set of attributes cause i can kick all sorts of ass with the strength...but i will also like to play around with forces...which led me to the second set of attributes. but of course it will take me 12 levels to reach 18 strength and ill have an extra point that doesnt increase a modifier.

as for the other attributes constitution isnt that important to me cause i can just add items that boost it, intelligence isnt that great cause other characters will be better anyways, and finally charisma isnt needed cause ill just boost persuasion or use affect mind.

i also have another question which is....if i get an extra plus one modifier in wisdom at say...level 8, will that count for previously earned levels (levels 1-7 in this case)?

any input will be appreciated

1st, you might want to consider putting more points into Constitution. You want to get to a minimum of 16 as quickly as possible. Personally, I go straight to CON at level ups until I hit 18. Invariably I always find a Universal D-Package which gives +2 to all attributes (12 attributes points for the cost of 4...can't beat that deal).

You will find all kinds of items that will boost your strength (or DEX if you follow Emp. Devon's advice) so don't worry too much about that.

As for WIS and CHA, if you're playing Guardian/Weapon Master, don't worry too much about them. When I play with that combo, I always go for the self-targeted force powers first (Valor, Armor, Heal). You don't have to worry about your WIS/CHA modifier (too much) because you don't have saving throws to worry about. Plus, due to the fact that you'll probably be running around with a Circlet of Saresh and the Ossus Keeper robes by the end of the game, in addition to your Universal D-Package implant, you'll probably end up with 21 WIS and 14 CHA anyway.

Final note re: your question about odd number attribute points. I say "make sure that you do". The reason why is that when you cast Master Valor, it adds +5 to all your attiribute points. If you have 20 STR, you now have 25. Granted you went from a +5 modifier to a +7, but if you had 21 STR you'd now have 26 and a +8 modifier.

Just my 2 cents on all of this. I hope that it helps.

EDIT: FWIW you probably will not go wrong with Quick Character or Recommended attribute distribution. You definitely want to avoid negative attribute modifiers. Skill points are crucial in this game so don't sell yourself short on INT. Lastly, don't worry about making yourself too strong at character creation. Your opponents are going to be way too easy as it is. The stats you're proposing are going to be serious overkill.

Originally posted by Achilles

You definitely want to avoid negative attribute modifiers. Skill points are crucial in this game so don't sell yourself short on INT. Lastly, don't worry about making yourself too strong at character creation. Your opponents are going to be way too easy as it is. The stats you're proposing are going to be serious overkill.

Agreed. A INT factor of 8 means that you'll have something like a whole point for spread around in level ups, and even if you only build in 1 skill, you are still going to be way underpowered for stuff like hacking computers and opening locked chests. I usually start with INT at 14 and try and get it to 16 so I have 5 or 6 points that I can use.

STR of 18 is going to be too much of a good thing. I would do what Achilles said and leave STR at 10 or maybe 12, buff DEX and then choose Weapons Finesse: Lightsaber, so that DEX will affect both your To Hit and Evasion. You can always snag an implant or gloves to boost your STR. There are, I think, 3 sets of gloves [different kinds] that give STR +4 bonuses and also some of the upgrades for armor - although I don't remember which ones at the time.

:x-wing:

Archived