Home

Better than Alienware?

jon_hill987

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

bah, those compys wouldnt be of any use to the likes of most gamers, sporting minimal graphics capabilities -

i'm not sure, with that much processing power it should be able to emulate the fastist PC's out there withut any trouble.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

i'm not sure, with that much processing power it should be able to emulate the fastist PC's out there withut any trouble.

hey that cant be right !? thats like saying a ferrari engine in an old VW beetle chassis will still go as fast... Those hardware compenents are just designed differently, and Im alo quite certain they dont run windows with directX.... they have custom designed OS, the names of which escape me,and run highly context specific programs...

btw... gigaflop sounds like a good word to describe impotence despite finding yourself in bed with an *extremely* attractive woman :D

mtfbwya

Yeah, i'm saying that one of those context specific programs could pretent to be a desctop PC, and a very good one at that.

I have seen a desctop PC, simulating a calculator before. It wasn't just running a calculator program it was simulating the electronic circuits from a real calculator.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Yeah, i'm saying that one of those context specific programs could pretent to be a desctop PC, and a very good one at that.

I have seen a desctop PC, simulating a calculator before. It wasn't just running a calculator program it was simulating the electronic circuits from a real calculator.

calculator !! bad example man :) where talking about grafix cards here and OSs that are written to support them. I dont think anyone would be bothered(let alone the expense) writing the immense code that be reuired for such a thing. Current OSs are only starting to get their heads around 64bit processing,,,

sure a nice dream, but you're more likely to come across a unicorn than a gaming supercompy :p

Archived