Home

Making Item Icons

I can make the icons for new inventory stuff alright but if I make a new 64x64 .tga image and put my custom icon on it and then put it in the game all I get is a square instead of the way the official icons look. If I paste my custom icon onto a converted official icon it will show up with the border but have a sort of cookie-cutter effect.

Did that make any sense at all? If so, has anyone figured out how to make custom icons that look good in the game and the way they are suppose to look.

I wonder what program bioware used to make the .tpc images...

Meh, forget about making .tpc's though they do have good compression.

For item icons it all depends on what your making the icon for.

First thing to know is that it has to be tga. Also you will probably want to mask off the areas of the icon that you don't want to show in game with an alpha channel.

Now say you want to make an icon for a new robe the file name must be "ia_jedirobe_001" the last part _001 would be the model Variation or Texture Variation that you have set in the uti. so if you set your robe to TextureVar to 20 then the Icon for a jedi robe would be "ia_jedirobe_020.tga".

Every baseitem uses a different icon name so you depending on what your making you may have to search for an original icon or alternately you can find the icon name in baseitems.2da under the itemclass column what even the file name thats used you will have to add an "i" in front of it. in this example if you look in baseitems.2da it will show "a_JediRobe" so all you need to add is the i to make it "ia_JediRobe"

Archived