Home

Asteroids Mod Server is up! (Meatgrinder)

Kurgan

I changed it to 6 before I left. People are paranoid though and don't know about /serverstatus so they always demand to know if there are bots, etc even when there are none.

It's because people don't instantly reply and go "no, I'm not a bot!!!" because they are busy playing, poor typists or non-english speakers.

Razor I think in the next update you should add a bot reply matrix keyed to words like "bot" so that the bots will reply to inquiries about the # of human players in the game, just to further confuse these guys. ;)

I play multiplayer to play with people. If I wanted to fight AI, I'd play singleplayer again :p

I grew up completely alone. I don't join a multiplayer server to play alone. I enjoy people's company.

I cannot stand bots, and I refuse to play in a server with one.

same here, i hate playing bots, and i hate it even more when servers try to hide which players are actually bots. /serverstatus was a nice way to know on JA+ servers, but most people dont know, and continually talk to them or complain about them and it gets annoying ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

While I'm gone the rest of this week, Lathain is in charge. ;)

*Cue lightning and thunder effects followed by maniacal laughter*

Er... Hehe?

Incredibly, few people have misbehaved. I've only had to kick bots who occassionally keep running into walls and only turn around when an enemy gets near them. And then they only seem to do it in the Imperial Drop Zone CTF map.

I still maintain that they are killing machines with a disruptor and plenty of ammo though.

Looks great Razor! So far the bots seem vastly improved and they rarely get stuck anywhere on the maps I've played. Now they just need to be able to use inventory items. ;)

Btw, the server now has ASTEROIDS MOD goodness, so feel free to join us for some Siege Destroyer 2.0! Get the mod from pcgamemods.com or lucasfiles.com!

Archived