Home

Lotus Notes

Originally posted by jmac7142

Just recently I noticed that a .ncs file is listed as a "Lotus Notes Content Source", so does anyone know what Lotus Notes does, I know it's some IBM program, but I have no idea what it does... If it's a text editor or something, could you eliminate the step of compiling .nss files?

It has nothing to do with scripting or modding... My dad works for IBM and I believe it is similar to microsoft outlook, except more capabilities. It must have just gotten the open with lotus notes on accident...my uti files are set to open with spybot...

Originally posted by jmac7142

No, I don't have Lotus Notes, but in XP, when you look under the file name, where the file type is listed, it says 'Lotus Notes Content Source'.

That is weird...mine says "ncs file."

i get that also on my computer, except i didn't even know i had a program called lotus notes (and infact i still don't believe i have such a program as i've yet to find it on my comp) and had just chalked it up to coincidence.

Just a file suffix conflict, happens every now and then since there are a finite number of 3-character combinations available.

The NCS (NWScript Compiled Script) used by Neverwinter Nights and KotOR has nothing to do with Lotus Notes or Notes Content Source.

Archived