Home

3D Death feature online!

MJ

The 3D Death feature is now online, and can be accessed through the main Nightlight page. I'll update the features page when I get home.

This is, by far, Sal's most impressive work (but then again, the guy just keeps getting better and better). So please post praise and feedback for all his hard work!

I'm having trouble posting the news, so for now it can be accessed from the features updates at the top of Nightlight. Anyone know what 'please chmod to 777' means? Haven't had that problem before...

Originally posted by 8 of 12

I'm having trouble posting the news, so for now it can be accessed from the features updates at the top of Nightlight. Anyone know what 'please chmod to 777' means? Haven't had that problem before...

It means that the file you're trying to modify has it's permissions (CHMOD) set so that it can't be modified or overwritten. It needs to be given the CHMOD permissions of 777 (i.e. read and write).

This can be done with most FTP programs by right clicking on the file/folder and choosing "Properties" / "CHMOD" / "Attributes" (depending on the program), and then setting the value to 777.

It can also be corrected using php with the command:

<?PHP
chmod("/somedir/somefile", 0777);
?>

And I think it can also be done in cPanle somehow, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Thanks, James. I didn't understand much of it, but luckily Metallus did.

I tell you what, if it weren't for people who knew what they were doing and found Nightlight stuff vaguely entertaining, it wouldn't be here. :)

Eh... heya, Meche. How's things? Nice to have you around.

Sal's in Germany too. Big coincidence, eh? :)

*counts MJs on-topic posts and his own* Well looks to me you've posted more in here but more on topic. Though I do say most of my spam is in REPLY to your spam. Have a nice day. Oh yea, 3d Death was quite well done I do try not to read/pay attention to this stuff though in all honesty because I do not want it ruined for me when it is completed. I want it to be all new and this is in no way an offense to Sal you have done a great job and I just want to see it in its full glory and want that viewing to be untarnished from the "sneak peaks".

Archived