Home

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [SPOILERS WITHIN]

Dagobahn Eagle

Note for slow learners: If the title failed at telling you as much, this thread is only for people who have read the latest Potter book, and thus contains spoilers.

Note for the rest of us: HOWEVER, that does not mean you're free to freely spoil events of book VII. If you want to do so, use

tags. I'm just saying it.

So, what did everyone feel about Rowling's latest book?

Personally, I have to say that it was easily not the best book she ever wrote. It was good, and the characters and world still felt real, exciting, and immersive. I was reminded just how excellent she is at building characters and making them feel like real people I actually know when I found myself wiping tears from my eyes at the death of the renowned headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore:(. It was partially spoiled for me (some idiot at Amazon.com posted a whine about "Rowling's love for killing her main characters" or something:mad:), but I never imagined everyone's favourite school faculty member would be the one slayed by the evil Death Eaters (DIE, Malfoy!).

However, I did not feel too much stuff happened. While in other books Potter is playing detective trough most of the book, in this one it was mostly "snogging", potions lessons with the aid of the Half-Blood Prince, and the ocassional Quidditch match.

I'm not much of a grading person, so I won't give the book a "#-out-of-10" rating or anything of the likes (you may, though). I'll sum up my impressions with "pretty good, but could be better".

Who else likes Luna Lovegood:o?

Archived